Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Armani Cosmetics is probably most famous for their foundations, particularly Luminous Silk Foundation. Luminous Silk is a fluid formula in a pump-top bottle, providing sheer-to-medium, buildable coverage and a luminous finish (as the name suggests). It contains silicone to glide over lines and pores, and I’ve heard that it photographs well. (Click here to see a comparison chart of Armani’s various foundation formulas.)

Armani recently introduced seven new shades of LSF (including more decimal places than ever before). So I swatched the new shades together:
Armani, swatches, Luminous Silk Foundation, LSF, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Click here for my previous swatches of Luminous Silk Foundation.

3.75, 4.75, and 5.25 look more pink than the old shades. 5.75 looks peachy. And I’m glad Armani brought back some darker shades with 10, 11.5, and 13.

I also wanted to show you all the shades together, so you could compare undertone and depth of shade. Narrow swatches were the only way to fit them all on one arm.  (Obviously I still need to do a full set of blended out swatches, but that’s a project for another day.)
Armani, swatches, Luminous Silk Foundation, LSF, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Luminous Silk Foundation is $59.

27 Responses to “Armani Luminous Silk Foundation”

• Linda says:

Any idea if they will come out with more colors for the lasting silk ?

• Thanks so much for this post! I have #2 on it’s way to me now and when I heard they had new shades being released I was afraid I’d made a mistake. Now I can see that it looks like #2 probably was the right choice. Phew! So nice to see a company expanding their color choices on both extremes of the spectrum!

• Isabella says:

Great swatches, thank you :) ! Foundation swatches are so hard to find and they are so helpful when shopping online!

• rachael says:

Price tag says “ouch!” If I’m going to spend that much if will be for the Guerlain foundation. But these sure are pretty. Thanks for the swatches. :)

• Ali says:

Do you think number 3 would match NARS sheer glow in Siberia?

• Sabrina says:

Karla – thank you so much for doing this. The fact you fit all those shades on your arm is astounding. AMAZING as always. LOVE THIS! Thank you a million times over.

• sensina says:

Great swatches!!

• Pamela says:

Karla, I forget–which shade matches you best? I think we have very, very similar skin tones.

Pamela, I haven’t yet had a chance to try on the new shades, and I think I’m going to have to get matched again. If I remember correctly, #4 was my closest match, but it was yellow. (I suspect one of the new shades will match better.) I’ll report back when I know more.

• Pamela says:

Karla, thanks for responding! I’m definitely going to check this one out.

• Virginia says:

Karla, Which one do you think is most similar to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua BR20? I am torn between 4.75, 5, and 5.25.

• Samia says:

Karla plz temme what shade is in Armani luminous silk is similar to 4 in lasting silk…

• Emily says:

I always look at your swatches! I can’t figure out what shade I would be. I am a NARS Punjab and it’s perfect. Maybe I have to mix 2 colors together?

• gigi claudia says:

I’m a #5 in luminous silk. I’m 63 years old and I’ve tried alot of foundations. This one was IT. It’s not too dewy and it’s not too matte. The brush is great too. It is specifically for this foundation. It is unlike any other foundation brush so don’t be put off.

• Kayla says:

does anyone know what a mac nc50 would be equivalent to in this foundation? please

• jennifer says:

Oh wow, thanks, Karla for all the foundation swatches. I live in Singapore and we don’t have a GA counter but am ordering some for a friend to bring here from the States. can you help me pick a suitable shade though, If i told you my MUFE HD foundation shade is #117?

thanks so very much!

• alyse says:

do you think number 6 would match chanel vitalumiere and vitalumiere aqua in B30-sable
    and cendre 30?

• cat says:

What # in the luminous silk & lasting silk would match DiorSkin Nude #22?

• Lauren hayes says:

Hi I’m getting married in may and have been told the Armani foundation is the best around! (for a long lasting all day foundation) please could u suggest a colour that would match the Clinique 05 vanilla….. I am looking at the armani 5′s as they seem closer to my skin colour! But also need a couple of samples if that’s possible!??? Please reply with an email to my address l.hayes25@hotmail.co.uk. Thank you x

• Yogi says:

All the light shades looks so very pink on the picture (I´d love that on my skin!!) But are they as pink as on the screen? I´m not sure weather I need no.2 or 4.4..

• becca says:

does anyone know what a mac nw30 would be equivalent to in this foundation? please

• kristine says:

need some help regarding the Giorgio Armani

Luminous Silk Foundation, I have samples the 5 which suits and the 5.5 which is slightly a little orange on my skin. what difference is the 5.25… i do have a slight golden colour many thanks

• Stephanie says:

I’m a Mac nc30 which shade would be comparable to that?

• Kathy says:

Does anyone know how to order a swatch or two? I dont live near a store that carries this. Thank you!

• Jo Rogers says:

hi,i was hoping you could help me,i use estee lauder double wear #4 pebble,i put in a colour match search and it came up with giorgio armani luminous silk #5.25? i am quite pale with dark hair and hazel eyes,i do like a darker foundation,in your opinon would that be a good match?
    Many Thanks Jo

• nnenna says:

Pls am a mac nc42/43. I need to know d right shade to buy so as not to make mistakes pls ur urgent reply will be appriciated 4 i await it b4 i order

• Janic says:

I currently wear NARS sheer glow in punjab. what color of armani luminous silk matches this color. thanks