Armani Summer 2011

Armani’s summer collection just arrived at my counter (though, so far, I can only find pieces of it here-and-there online). My impression is that the theme is a bronzed and glamorous holiday somewhere on the Mediterranean coast… or perhaps I’m letting my personal fantasy color my interpretation of the collection.

Armani is re-releasing their permanent Bronzer #1 (brown with some gold shimmer, $49), though I’ve heard that the summer edition will have a shiny bronze logo top, similar to the holiday highlighter (gold) and the spring blush (blue-purple).

There are also four sheer, beautiful summer lipsticks. If these are the same price as other Sheer lipsticks, they should be $27 each (compared to Rouge d’Armani’s $30). 34 is a tomatoey, slightly browned red. 35 is a warm red strawberry pink. 36 is a warm strawberry-candy pink. 37 is a sheer pale peach pink.
Armani, summer 2011, bronze mania, swatches, Bronzer 1, Sheer 34, Sheer 35, Sheer 36, Sheer 37, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
This summer, Armani reprises the Blushing Fabric creme blush formula ($38) with two new shades: terracotta-red-with-a-few-silver-sparkles #4 and violet-pink #5. Like Armani’s Face Fabric foundation, these buildable gel-cremes have a slippy, silicone-y feel. They’re packaged in squeeze tubes.
Armani, summer, 2011, bronze mania, swatches, Blushing Fabric, eyeshadow quad, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
The collection also includes a lovely, limited edition eyeshadow quad ($59). The shades are warm brown shimmer, beiged pink shimmer, golden-copper shimmer, and a luxuriant light gold shimmer. Texture and pigmentation are both excellent… but Sabrina of Beauty Look Book recognized this quad’s similarity to Chanel’s Spices quad. Check out her swatch comparison; it seems like you wouldn’t need both.
Armani, summer, 2011, swatches, bronze mania, Blushing Fabric, eyeshadow quad, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Lastly (and not swatched), the summer collection includes Eyes to Kill Waterproof mascara in black-brown ($30).

All in all, I approve. I particularly like Blushing Fabric #4 and the lipsticks — I’ll report back after I’ve had a chance to try them on. Are any of these pretties calling your name?

14 Responses to “Armani Summer 2011”

• beautyteller says:

Thank you for all those swatches!
    My favorite one is violet-pink #5.

• Ashley says:

wow, Sheer 37 looks gorg!!! what was your take on it?

Pretty color, but it’s light and sheer, so it will have the least impact of these four shades. I’ll have to lip swatch it before I know for sure whether it clears my threshhold of “I can see it on my lips.”

Everyone loved MAC Patisserie, but I couldn’t particularly tell that I had that one on.

• Cheryl says:

How different is this from Dior Iridescent Leather? I LOVE your reviews and swatches :) Thanks so much for all of your hard work for us.

• I LOVE the look of the quad. I’ve been eyeing Chanel Spices for a while and I think I may just go for this instead ;-) Beautiful pics. The lipsticks aren’t calling my name but Blushing Fabric #5 is very pretty. I’ve never tried that formula before though. Do you like it?

• panties says:

@Christa: theyre awesome. they’re silicone based.

• @panties Yes you started my interest in them LOL Thanks!

• Daisy Chiu says:

I am torn between getting this vs. Dior’s Rosy Tan. I would love to own 2 but I need to be good. I can’t wait to hear more about it after you have played with it.

Thanks.

Daisy

• Daisy I’m in the same conundrum! I can’t decide between Rosy Tan and the Armani pallete either.

• Lexi says:

These lipsticks are so pretty – I feel like I’m the only person that has never tried the GA line.

• Nikki says:

I’m a pushover for the blushing fabric. This year’s colors seem a bit darker than last year’s. How do the two new shades compare with the original 3? Any chance of seeing all the swatches together?

Thanks,

I agree with your assessment that this year’s blushing fabrics are more pigmented/can be built to a deeper color. Unfortunately it won’t be possible to swatch them together; I didn’t buy last year’s and those testers are long gone. :-/

• Ios says:

Thanks for your great work!
    I ended up going home with ALL the four sheer lipsticks as they’re all so pretty on my lips~ (also God knows when they’re going to make sheers again…)
    After successfully swaying my friend to purchase the beautiful blushing fabric #4, I asked her to squeeze me around 1/3 of the tube~~~ I’m sure that would last for ages as they’re so pigmented ^^

• Noelle says:

I’m not used to gel-like/cream blushes and it takes some getting used to, but I really like it. I thought #4 is the one I would get.However, it didn’t look good on me so I got #5. You’re right-a little goes a LONG way.