Readers, it is a privilege and a pleasure to share with you guest swatches from Sabrina of the Beauty Look Book, who so kindly photographed some of the newer pieces of the still-elusive Burberry makeup line. It’s frustrating that Burberry and Nordstrom launched this line so hard (strong presence in the magazines), but still sell from just five brick-and-mortar stores.
Sabrina is NC30 on MAC’s scale (approaching NC35 as she gets more tan in summer) and she has olive undertones.
She says the lipsticks are all creamy (no shimmer), full coverage, smooth application, soft rose scent. They’re $30 each.
- 22 Delicate Rose is a nude pink, like 02 Cameo, but more pinky
- 23 English Rose is a dusty rose, similar to 10 Dusty Rose, but more of a true pink where Dusty Rose pulls slightly purple
- 24 Romantic Rose is a peach nude, in between 01 Nude Beige and 05 Heather Rose, not as pale as 01 Nude Beige
Here are outdoor swatches:
Here are indoor swatches:
Sabrina says the blushes are soft, natural, luminous, and very layerable, with a soft rose scent. They’re $42 each.
- 06 Tangerine is a soft peach with slight brownish undertones, lighter and less bright than 05 Blossom
- 07 Earthy is a soft light brown, lighter than all their bronzers. It also makes a good eye contour.
- 08 Misty is a soft baby pink, similar to 02 Peony which has more peach compared to Misty which is a more dusty and fairer pink on the skin