Sneak Peek: Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation

Chanel, Perfection Lumiere, promoIn mid-September Chanel will be launching a new foundation, Perfection Lumiere (which will replace Pro Lumiere). This new formula is oil-free, SPF 10, and long-wearing — the language I’ve heard about it so far all speaks to “natural, invisible perfection.”

Chanel is also expanding on the range of undertones they introduced with Vitalumiere Aqua (Beige and Beige Rose) by adding two more: Beige Ambre and Ambre.

Perfection Lumiere will be $55. And to accompany the new foundation, Chanel will also launch an addition shade of Correcteur Perfection concealer (Beige Golden, $40), and Poudre Universelle Compact (Muscade, $45).
Chanel, Perfection Lumiere, foundation, shade chart
Chanel, Correcteur Perfection, Poudre Universelle Compact, shade range

16 Responses to “Sneak Peek: Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation”

• Adelita says:

Long lasting? Well that’s new, because the old Chanel Pro Lumiere literally melt within 3 hours on me, I hope the new formula will keep their promise about this stay-on power.
    Hmm… I wonder how Chanel Perfection Lumiere would be like if it’s compared with Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk, hence both are long wear foundation with “glow” effect…. I can’t hardly wait for your review & swatch! :)

• Nikki says:

Will there be a shade that will be equivalent to a mac NC50?

• Maya says:

Looks like they’re coming out with yellow undertones. Finally!

• Sophie says:

…and still nothing for the really pale. I use Vitalumière foundation in Diaphane. Judgeing from the pace at which Chanel is discontinuing their foundations, I fear my HG wll get axed without them providing a suitable alternative.

• Gail says:

Agree with Sophie – still nothing for the really pale. That is very disappointing. I may or may not try the lightest color anyway, depending on whether or not this one is alcohol-based like Vita Aqua. If it is it’ll be a skip for me.

• Marie says:

Ugh, their shade range sucks. I was really hoping they would come out with something for us fair people, but nah. Vita Aqua are all WAY too dark for me, and this looks like it’ll be the same. :(

• Christina says:

I’m glad they recognised black people exist for their foundations but I guess that doesn’t extend to concealers or powders. :(

• Faye says:

I’m with my other palefaces. There have been a couple of Chanel foundations I’d have liked to try, but they have no shades anywhere in the ballpark of my fair, cool-toned skin. I feel like this is a problem for many brands. Boo! :(

• Lola says:

I do hope they’ll come out with yellow-based or yellow undertones in their foundations. I’ve loved pro lumiere, and vita lumiere aqua but they were a bit too pink.

• Angela says:

Thanks for the print ads that show the colors!! Been dying to try this. Sounds fabulous of course. Too bad Chanel continues to give us an epic fail in shade range. The paler girls, that need neutral or little pink are left wanting yet again. I’ve been loving Chanel Foundations since the original Chanel Tient Pur Mat way back when. The previous newest — Vitalumiere Aqua — is such an amazing foundation. But the 1st shade, B10 Beige is too yellow, and the BR10 Beige Rose Pastel is waaay too dark. Looking at the print swatches, I’m guessing it’ll be the same with Perfection Lumiere. So sad :-( I’m not a huge fan of Armani Luminous Silk as it’s not the best for the over 30 crowd, imho. That said, the new shade 3.5 is the exact color of my face, neutral/cool pale. I was completely in shock! So I’m sticking with the pricey LSF for now…until Chanel expands it’s shade range in their typically genius foundations. Probably won’t hold my breath. Sigh.

• Vanessa says:

The makeup artist put this on me today. I really love the finish and the coverage. It’s been on about 6 hours now and still going strong on my combo skin. I’m a Mac NC20-25 and the beige 30 was a perfect match for me. In the store. However, by the light of the car a bit later, it appears too dark and “orange”. Not sure if liquid foundations can oxidize or if the color was too dark to begin with and I just didn’t notice. Will definitely need to try the beige 20 and see how it goes.

• Devan says:

There is a free sample of this in the new Allure magazine – I used it and immediately fell in love with it! Not that it’s important in a foundation but it has such a beautiful, fragrant smell. It has awesome coverage and I am a “full coverage-porcelin look” sorta girl. I’m pretty pale and the sample was Beige Rose…and it might have been just a smidge too dark, but still beautiful. I’ve never paid $55 for a foundation before, but as soon as this comes out I will!

• Luka says:

Just was color matched to Beige rose 12, I am Nars Mont Blanc and MUFE 115. I really like how weightless this feels.

• Glitterkitty says:

Guys dont be fooled by this foundation. When trying it on in the store you may think it feels lovely and velvety on the skin BUT the shade is awful after it settles into your skin.

First of all i want to emphasise the beige shades will look yellow/green and not yellow/red. And if you already have yellow undertones in your skin then the yellow/green colour will make you look strangely green. Its worse under lighting. It also oxidises so if you think you’re a B30 it will turn out to be a B40 shade darker.

Looking at the colour chart above has confirmed what i was thinking all along. Because i thought i was seeing things when i saw a strange tinge of green appear in the foundation shade i was wearing. But if you look at the beige and ambre shades above they look like yellow has been mixed with abit of red to make orange but the orange has some green added to it.

Those of you with a good eye for colour will be able to notice that the orangey colour has definitely got some green added to it in its colour palette. Its not like a typical beigey yellow/orange foundation but it somewhat has a dullness of colour added to it which for me appears to be green.

The Beige rose shades actually look normal in comparison. Anyone else notice that these foundation shades look wrong in colour?

• glitterkitty says:

Just to illustrate my point here is link showing what orangy green looks like. Scroll down to picture: field 4

See how the colour resembles the chanel colour chart above as you can see yellow orange and green merged together. These colours mixed together are not very flattering at all.

I would avoid buying this foundation if your a beige or ambre beige kinda girl.Hope this helps.