Laura Mercier Classic Chic Collection

Laura Mercier, Nordstrom Anniversary, 2011, Classic Chic setFrom the moment I swatched Laura Mercier’s set for Nordstrom Anniversary, I thought, “this is the sleeper hit of this year’s anniversary sale.” There’s not a dud in the box; just a bunch of pretty, useful items at a reasonable price.

For $75, you receive a 1 oz. (perfect-for-travel) original-formula foundation primer, a full size Full Blown Volume Mascara, a four-color eyeshadow palette (containing a dual-ended Ponytail/Smudge brush), Plum Radiance blush (this is a shade from the permanent line), a short-handled blush brush, and a full-size Lip Glace.

Buff is exclusive to this palette, a warm, matte, beige near-white. Guava, a Sateen from the regular line, is a softly shimmery peony pink. Sable (another Sateen from the regular line) is a softly shimmery grey purple, kind of like Guerlain’s Oriental Metal kohl. Black Smoke is also exclusive to this palette. It’s a matte dark grey taupe.
Laura Mercier, Nordstrom Anniversary, Classic Chic, swatches, Buff, Guava, Sable, Black Smoke, Plum Radiance, Raspberry, Lip Glace, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Plum Radiance is a blush shade from the permanent line, a glowy, dusty plum-pink.

Raspberry Lip Glace is exclusive to this set, and it’s a universally flattering strawberry-candy, rose-pink. Since I forgot to sniff the lip products in Laura’s fall Canyon collection I made sure to do it this time.  Raspberry smells deliciously like a gourmet burned marshmellow (caramelized vanilla).

What do you think? Do you love it?

14 Responses to “Laura Mercier Classic Chic Collection”

• LOVE for new users. Tempting but Do Not Need for MU junkies ;)

• juls says:

Will this only available in store? I do not have an Nordstrom near me and I am very interested in this set to dip my feet into LM products.

• Liis says:

These look extremely wearable. Delicious set.

• I completley overlooked this set when I was at Nordstrom last week. It’s pretty basic, but would work for a polished everyday/office look. Hmmm……

• Christina says:

I got this last week and LOVE it! Such lovely colors and a great bargain too! This was the only thing that appealed to me in the Anniversary sale.

• PJ says:

I agree, this was the only set that appealed to me in the anniv catalog too! I love her canyon collection, and have purchased a few shadows and lip glosses from it already. I can always find room for more LM. Its fantastic!

• beth maiorana says:

How beautiful it is!! Thanks for sharing this with us, it’s gorgeous (right up my “alley”, too), and I’m running to get it!! xo ;-)

Juls, if you don’t have a Nordstrom card, you’ll be able to buy this set (by ordering online or calling a store — ask for Kenitha at 972-702-0055) on July 15th.

• juls says:

Thank you Karla!

• Carrie says:

Even just a month or two ago I’d probably have passed the kit by without a second thought, but I’m seriously mulling it over right now – it’s right up my current color story and it is a lot of product. We’ll see how strong my will power is tomorrow :p

• Maribeth says:

Her mascara is also very good. I got a sample last Spring for Beauty Week GWP and the masara is surprisingly long wearing and eye defining. I may purchase this set since I found out there is a full sized mascara as well as the eyeshadows and that lovely lippie. Thanks Karla! I’m thinking the Anniversary Sale ends July 31; better get my butt in gear!

• Sarah says:

OMG i love it all!! Im putting it on my Christmas list, it has a bunch of things i already wanted to try. Praise the lord haha :L