Deborah Lippmann Supermodel

Several weeks ago, in the course of my normal swatching rounds, I passed by the Lippmann polish display in Nordstrom. They move the unit from time to time, and somehow they’d managed to put it on a counter so that a spotlight fell on a single polish (at least, that’s how I remember it): Supermodel.

Supermodel is an orange-red creme. It’s sheer, which means it builds to a beautiful, juicy, jelly finish. This shade was a collaboration with model (and great-granddaughter of Ernest) Dree Hemingway. Deborah Lippmann polishes are $16 each.

I “visited” Supermodel at the counter for weeks. I test-painted a few fingers. Did I own anything else like it? Finally I had to cave.
Deborah Lippmann, Supermodel, swatches, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Deborah Lippmann, Supermodel, swatches, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
If you really can’t stand Visible Nail Line, this is not the polish for you. But I love it. This is three coats of color, plus topcoat.

8 Responses to “Deborah Lippmann Supermodel”

• Kat says:

I LOVE the color! I am against VNL and VPL (nail lines and panty lines). Any ideas for a similar color?

• Kata says:

I thing the OPI Texas collection has similar jelly (sorbet) corally reds/red corals

• clebirun says:

There’s something so enticing about those jelly finishes. And this color looks lovely with your skintone!

• AlexandraRC says:

I love this on you, so pretty and summery.

• Jackie says:

This a a beautiful color on your gorgeous hands!!

Kat, if you’re looking for a creme (non-jelly) version of this color, maybe OPI’s Color So Hot It Berns> (http://karlasugar.net/2010/07/opi-swiss-collection/ and http://karlasugar.net/2010/07/opi-color-so-hot-it-berns/) Or Zoya Maura? (http://karlasugar.net/2010/04/zoya-flash-and-sparkle/)

But AlexandraRC says you can hide VNL by using ridgefiller, and it won’t change the color or alter the finish. She says you might even be able to stop at 2 coats instead of 3.

• I had no idea that had a Jelly finish. That is GORGEOUS!!! Another one to add to my list. I just started buying Lippmann polishes about a month ago and I already have about 10. LOVE THEM! Thanks so much for introducing this shade to me. I hadn’t paid attention.

• kristie says:

This is such a gorgeous color on you Karla! It’s bright for summer with the the right amount of red and coral.