Bobbi Brown Marrakesh Chic Breakdown

Bobbi Brown, Marrakesh Chic, display, Rich Color EyeshadowWhat do you think of the Marrakesh Chic photo?  If you want to recreate the look, Bobbi has kindly provided a few details about what the model is wearing (though not as detailed as telling us her foundation shade*).

What we do know:

The model is wearing Desert Lily Rich Color Eyeshadow, Violet Ink Long Wear Gel Liner, and Lash Glamour Mascara (my favorite!) in black.

She also has on Sheer Pink Sheer Color Cheek Tint, and Desert Rose Rich Lip Color (SPF 12).

Will you be trying this at home?

*THIS JUST IN: I’ve heard that the model is wearing Bobbi’s Foundation Stick in Beige (3).

7 Responses to “Bobbi Brown Marrakesh Chic Breakdown”

• diann_co says:

The blush on that model looks a little clown-like

• Paradoxal says:

I seriously think that is one of the worst ads I have ever seen. It’s absolutely horrid

• GenaCA says:

I like the eyes and lips,but yes, the blush does look clown-like! I love looking at bright, pretty blushes, but I usually stick to nude colors myself. I don’t want to be within 100 miles of clown-like !!!

• Ms Laurence says:

I totally agree, even in the video of the “making of” I watched several times to check my first thoughts, there is definately a big “problem” with the blush. It reminds me when I started applying some makeup as a beginner, without any advice, when I was 16…It is not a compliment !!I am very disappointed. I do not like the eyeshadows, I prefer those in the “tortoise shell” collection. I do not appreciate the lipstick color . I am waiting for the next collection before Xmas. My budget this fall will be happy !!

• Sarah says:

I must be the only one but I don’t think the blush is “clown like”. Bold? Yes. More than I would wear in real life? Absolutely. But in the ad it just looks… artistic to me. Over the top but not in a bad way…

• Stormi says:

Bobbi has a very different take on blush than most other cosmetic companies (and cosmetic artists, actually). She’s always aiming for a fresh flush, as if the woman has been laughing hard or was running up a flight of stairs, for example. Most women who wear blush choose a tan-ish pink or a bronze pink, which will look beautiful, yes – but also cosmetic. Bobbi goes for the healthy “flush,” not the “cosmetic blush.” No one really blushes a brown color, right? The fresh pop of pink is one of her signature touches, I guess you either love it or you don’t.

• Juliette says:

It just doesn’t look very Marrakesh to me.