NARS Concealer

NARS ConcealerNARS recently revamped its concealer (and introduced a few new shades), though the formula hasn’t actually changed.

The packaging went from a “traditional lipstick” shape to a “skinny lipstick” (like the Pure Matte lipsticks), a decision intended to reduce dryout (since less of the product is exposed to air), resulting in a product that feels creamier. Though I wonder if this will make more of a difference to a counter’s set of testers than an individual’s personal product.

These concealers are $22 each, available on NarsCosmetics.com (which is still offering free two-day shipping on a $50 order).
NARS, concealer, swatches, Chantilly, Vanilla, Honey, Custard, Ginger, Biscuit, Caramel, Amande, Cafe, Cacao, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Light 1 Chantilly (new) is a very pale yellow-white. If you wear Siberia foundation, this is the concealer for you. Light 2 Vanilla is more pink (a good match for Mont Blanc, my shade). Light 3 Honey is peachy, good for brightening and covering blue. It’s too dark for me, but my Santa-Fe-wearing sales associate likes it for brightening.

Medium 1 Custard is pale yellow (a good match for Fiji and Santa Fe). Medium 2 Ginger is deeper yellow (a good shade for Barcelona).

Medium/Dark 1 Biscuit (new) is peachy, a good choice for Syracuse. Medium/Dark 2 Caramel (new) is yellow-orange; good for Tahoe, Cadiz, and New Orleans. Medium/Dark 3 Amande (new) might be a good match for Macao.

Dark 1 Cafe (new) would be good for Benares (and Trinidad, and Tortuga), and MAC ~NW43. Dark 2 Cacao (new) would be a good choice for Khartoum.

Tremendous thanks to Eneida (en nay ee da) of my NARS Neiman Marcus counter for her shade selection advice!

13 Responses to “NARS Concealer”

• Natalie says:

Very Helpful! Amazing swatches, as always.

• Marie says:

Great swatches, thanks! Chantilly will be mine (my foundation shade is Siberia).

• berries says:

thanks for the swatches :D
    too bad nars decided to half the amount of product as well ;-;

• Chris says:

I am happy too see more concealer options from NARS, but I’m afraid Biscuit might be too light (even though my shade is Syracuse), and Caramel too dark. I suppose I could just buy one and mix it with what I already own.

• Robyn says:

Was anything suggested for deauville?

• Dana says:

Amande *is* a perfect match for Macao! I stopped by the boutique and one of the artists matched me…it was flawless!

• susu says:

Hi,
    witch color goes with Deauville?

Hey Robyn and susu,

I think Vanilla might be a little light for Deauville (but it could be brightening). Honey would be good if you wanted to cover blue, but it could be a little too peachy. Will you be able to try these on at the counter?

• susu says:

unfortunately I only can buy it online. I am in Germany and Nars is not more availeble here :-(

• Emily says:

OMG finally a concealer that’s a match for Siberia!! I hate how my face will look flawless with Siberia on…until you see my eye-bags or even worse…a concealer 3 shades darker than the rest of my face. Bah!

• Gabby says:

Woah! Usually I’m always the lightest shade, but Chantilly is almost white!

• Kolie says:

No wonder your swatches are so helpful we are the same shade (mont blanc) . i actually use Mardere (which is a matte lipstick from nars) under my eyes for some reason it seems to work as a pinky peach on my skin. It seems like there matte lips and concealers are the same formula.

• Rebecca says:

Thank you for theses swatches! Really helped choosing two shades for conturing!