Sneak Peek: Chanel Holiday 2011 Les Scintillances de Chanel

Chanel, holiday 2011, Les Scintillances de ChanelChanel’s holiday collection (Les Scintillances de Chanel) is red and gold and warm and classic. Holiday collections usually hit counters in October, so I’ll be looking for these items then. And is it just me, or does this photo look incredibly Rachel Zoe?

The star of the collection (so intricately embossed I could never bring myself use it) is the Lumiere Sculptee de Chanel highlighting powder. This limited edition powder was inspired by a Chanel belt buckle. The color is a sheer blend of ivory and pink pearlessence, with tone on tone mother of pearl. The product is $72, limited edition (click the photo to view at full size; you really have to get the full impact of the design).

Chanel, holiday, 2011, Les Scintillances de ChanelAlso in the collection: a new and limited edition loose powder, Poudre Universelle Libre in Feerie (soft, shimmering pink, $52). And there’s a new Tweed Blush: Les Tissages de Chanel in Brun Rose. It’s $45 and limited edition, which I find surprising.

There are two new, limited edition eyeshadow singles ($28.50): Blazing Gold and Beige Lame. (I’m pretty sure Blazing Gold is what’s under the model’s lower lashline in the promotional photo.) There’s also a new eyeshadow duo ($42): Noir-Ivoire. This one is also designated limited edition (really??).

Lips and nails are crucial in this collection. There are two new, limited edition Rouge Allure lipsticks ($30): shimmering pink Enivree and shimmering red Famous. There’s a new, limited edition Rouge Allure Laque: pink-rose Empire. (Dragon is also repromoted; both are $32).  There are two limited edition Glossimers ($28.50): self-titled Sparkle D’Or and shimmery Sweet Beige. And there are two limited edition Extrait de Gloss ($32): beige Discretion and shimmering red Triomphal.

There’s just one holiday nail polish, limited edition Rouge Carat ($25).
Chanel, Holiday 2011, Les Scintillances de Chanel

14 Responses to “Sneak Peek: Chanel Holiday 2011 Les Scintillances de Chanel”

• dede Wilson says:

Hey Karla isnt there a red blush? Whats the red blush I had been hearing about? Euro only maybe?

• Shannon says:

Karla, you’re killing me with the Chanel teasers! I’m going to NEED the highlighter (and yes, even though it’s beautiful, I’ll use it), and Famous is a red after my own heart. I’m so happy to see yet another gorgeous red being introduced!

Thanks for the info!

Shannon
    Lipstick Musings

Dede, I haven’t seen or heard anything about a red blush. It wasn’t a funky photo of the Rose Ecrin blush in the fall collection, was it?

• Gail says:

The red blush is part of the Byzance collection, will reportedly be on chanel.com end of June. The collection also includes a red lipstick and a quad called Topkapi (or something like that!)

Aha! Thank you, Gail! I’ll definitely be looking for that. (I wonder if our Dallas boutique will get it in store?!)

Byzance was breathtaking.

• well, I see this will be the death of my credit card. On my tombstone, put died of Credit Card overdose on CHanel.

• xiao says:

When I emailed chanel they said the byzance collection will only be available to boutiques, not the website.

Also, this holiday collection is crazy! I literally want everything, so of course everything is LE. With the holiday things and Dior’s exquisite collection(s) I don’t know what i’ll do about food…

• Gail says:

xiao, that’s the problem I find with Chanel – you often get different answers from different CS people. I phoned them and the woman I spoke to quoted the names of the blush, lipstick and quad and said they would be on chanel.com on or about June 29. Who knows which answer is correct though?

• xiao says:

Well, if it’s the latter it would be better for Chanel fans :) I personally hate it when they do exclusives because not everyone has access to them (and going into the boutique takes guts, personally). I wish they had better information about the releases though. They have a horde of hungry fans waiting to buy their items but they make it so difficult. Lol!

• wendy says:

hi karla!!! i guess it’s definitely me because this collection seems lackluster. that $72 highlighter is made in italy…yet another high mass production item not worthy of the price. remember when chanel had such great holiday collections?! well, i will look toward spring…..thankyou for posting this xo.

• Nina says:

When is the Holiday 2011 collection being released in the US?

It should be trickling in to all counters right about now.

• Ashley says:

The gold underneath the model’s eyes is actually a gold liquid liner “Or”. It is an amazing liquid liner and makes a great addition to the collection.