Sneak Peek: Dior Holiday 2011 Les Rouges Or

Dior and Chanel seem to be on the same wavelength for holiday: red and gold.

Dior’s holiday collection is not huge, but it’s supplemented by several lovely palettes and sets (which we’ll get to momentarily).

The holiday collection includes 5-Couleurs “Gold Infused” Palette in Couture Gold ($59). There are four lipsticks (Les Rouges Or) and four nail polishes (Or Vernis).

The Rouge Dior lipsticks range from red to pink to gold, and apparently all four shades have been infused with ultra-fine golden powder. The finish is sheer, and all four shades are limited edition. They are: 217 Or Etoile, 527 Versailles, 841 Belle de Nuit, and 961 Nocturne ($32 each).

The polishes also contain a delicate golden powder, and I *think* that only the gold shade is limited edition. These are $22 each. (Shades: 221 Or Divin, 611 Exquis, 651 Merveille, 871 Apparat.)
Dior, Holiday 2011

7 Responses to “Sneak Peek: Dior Holiday 2011 Les Rouges Or”

• Jen says:

The polishes look pretty but I’m always disappointed by Diors so we’ll see.

• Cheryl says:

Hi Karla :) I am wondering what the difference is between this holiday shadow palette and the exclusive Sephora one…Mitzah. I’m wondering if I need both :)

• Brooke says:

want it ALL. damnit Dior!

Hey Cheryl! At this time, I couldn’t hazard a guess what these colors will *really* look like. I feel like Dior’s promotional images frequently do not match the way a quint swatches.

It does look like they’re both neutrals, but the “gold-infused” language used to describe the holiday palette makes me think that the Mitzah quint will be the more conservative choice (less blingy? Less frosty?). Personally, I wouldn’t let the Mitzah palette pass you by (but that’s my makeup preferences).

• Cheryl says:

Yep…I ordered the Mitzah palette from Sephora…just waiting for it to be delivered. I’m going to wait for your swatches on the holiday to decide whether or not I NEED this one too. :)

• Kat says:

I love the lipsticks and nailpolishes. I better save up because I am not sure I can settle on just one of each.

• Julie says:

Hi Karla! do you know when the 5 color palette will be released?