Cle de Peau Vintage Palette III

Cle de Peau, CdP, Vintage Palette IIIFile this under Things I Want But I Can’t Have: Cle de Peau’s Vintage Palette III, the world’s most heavenly luminizing face powder.

For the third year in a row, Cle de Peau has created a special, limited edition holiday powder. Each year is unique, and though I haven’t seen Vintage Palettes I or II myself, my sales associate described them more as contouring powders compared to the 2011 edition.

To see the compact in person takes your breath away. The mosaic pattern of the powder is repeated in the geometric design on the lid. The powder also lifts up to reveal a full-but-wonderfully-soft brush applicator.

One of the sales associates used this brush to dust powder on the back of my hand. Instant angelic glow — can my hands always look this good?

I arm-swatched it with a triangle sponge — heavily, because this is one of the most finely milled powders I’ve ever tested, and anything less would be unphotographable. The result was an incredibly fine beige-golden shimmer. This powder is too delicate to use as a spot-highlighter (on your cheekbones, under your brows). I’d use it all over for an otherworldly glow.
Cle de Peau, Vintage Palette III, swatches, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
The Vintage Palette III is $125.

And for reference (or nostalgia, or curiosity), here are Vintage Palettes I and II:
Cle de Peau, CdP, Vintage Palette I, Vintage Palette II

10 Responses to “Cle de Peau Vintage Palette III”

• I can’t tell you how much I want this and how happy it would make me!

It’s a shame we don’t get CdP in the UK.

• Chris says:

I think I’ll just drool over the photos on your blog. :)

• Beth Maiorana says:

Oh my goodness gracious is about all I can come up to utter … it looks worth it ! Thanks for the beautiful swatches and photos (I’d be afraid to use it, but I’d find a way.)
    xo Beth in Pgh

• Ringo says:

I actually purchased this and tried it on my face in the store. It definitely gave me a glow without being too shiny/glittery. And I found to be quite long lasting compared to the powder I was already wearing that day! The price tag was crazy but I think it’s both a good collector’s item and functional piece.

• AcademicGirl says:

Is this prettier/subtler on the face than other overall highlighters like Kevyn Aucoin’s Celestial?

• Katherine says:

This is a little too high priced for me. I love the glowy look and think I would LOVE this. Do you have any other suggestions to get a similar look? I am fair like you.

• Anitacska says:

I got last year’s one, managed to get it off someone on eBay for less than half the price (brand new). I haven’t actually used it, it’s too pretty to use, so I really don’t think I will buy this year’s. When I see things like this at a bargain price, I just have to have them, and then just keep them untouched. Silly I know. It is so gorgeous though. ♥

• Julia says:

Karla- where did you find this? I’ve been calling around, and they seem to be sold out everywhere. Thanks!

• Katherine says:

angelic glow? it looks like baby powder smeared around. BLEH!