Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush

The life of a makeup lover is a dangerous one. You can be anywhere — cutting through a department store, innocently browsing the internet, or stopping in at the drugstore — when something pretty stops you in your tracks. The latest makeup item to catch my eye was Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush, looking oh-so-alluring on a Target endcap.

I tweeted a photo and asked if anyone had tried them; a few folks responded that the blushes were sheer but buildable (not a bad thing for my skintone). But which color(s) to get? In an amazing stroke of good fortune, Maybelline offered to let me swatch the whole range.

The Dream Bouncy blushes are incredibly malleable. They have a consistency like Play-Doh; if you attack the dome too vigorously, you can shift it, or cause cracks to appear… but the blush is just as easily patted back into shape. Maybelline currently offers ten shades (all satin/sheeny), and because they’re so soft, fingers are probably your best application tool.
Maybelline, Dream Bouncy Blush, swatches, 05 Fresh Pink, 10 Pink Frosting, 15 Rose Petal, 20 Peach Satin, 30 Candy Coral, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
05 Fresh Pink is a pale, cool, bubblegum blue-pink with a silvery shimmer. 10 Pink Frosting is ruddier, a red-violet rose pink. 15 Rose Petal is the lightest and sheerest, a pale warm pink. 20 Peach Satin is a ruddy coral. 30 Candy Coral is actually more peachy.
Maybelline, Dream Bouncy Blush, swatches, 40 Pink Plum, 45 Orchid Hush, 50 Plum Wine, 60 Coffee Cake, 70 Hot Tamale, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
40 Pink Plum is petal pink. 45 Orchid Hush is lavender-lilac. 50 Plum Wine is a wine/apple red. 60 Coffee Cake is peach-brown. 70 Hot Tamale is hot flamingo pink at first, but builds to a bright red-pink.

As is often the case with drugstore products, prices vary widely. At Target, these are $6.49 apiece. At the “good” CVS, they’re $7.49. On Ulta.com, they’re $7.99. At the expensive CVS, they’re $8.39. Just something to think about before you check out.

7 Responses to “Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush”

• Erica says:

I have Plum Wine and I actually really like it, as an alternative to my Illamasqua Cream Blush. It’s a nice flushed cheek look.

• Bellachique says:

I’ve heard a lot about the funny texture of these, but they’re still not out where I live. Nice colours too :) .

• clebirun says:

Wish I’d bought a different shade, I got Rose Petal before I’d really done any research a while ago because the texture was so wacky. I don’t think I’d want to spend more, but I wouldn’t have minded keeping one that had more pigmentation!

• amarock says:

I’ve been curious about these but have heard they were pretty sheer. Now that I see all the swatches together, I think I’ll have to try out Hot Tamale – I just mostly want it for the bouncy texture! I wonder if these dry out over time?

• Heepu says:

Love these! I sandwich them between my foundation & finishing powder (I use MUFE HD 123 & Mircofinish HD) & get 14 hours of wear out the them with very minimal fading. Haven’t used them on their own, so can’t speak for their longevity or stability on bare skin. Against my skintone, Hot Tamale looks very similar to Tarte Cheek Stain in Natural Beauty (minus the dewy finish), Peach Satin is very similar to Nars Orgasm (minus the gold shimmer), & Plum Wine looks similar to Hot Tamale, just cooler.

• Mizelle says:

Thank you so much for these swatches! Ive been wanting to try them and these colors turned out great to choose from! Youre awesome anyway for always making swatches, my hero lol ;)

• Lena says:

Thanks for doing this! Just wondering how many layers you built up here, and which you found to have the most, and the least, pigment. Thanks!