NCLA Santa Monica Shore Thing

Of NCLA’s impressive nail polish lineup, the color that first (and most loudly) demanded my attention was Santa Monica Shore Thing. I adore this polish. It’s “Tiffany green” (not quite “Tiffany blue”): an antique pastel blued-green enamel creme. To me it feels vaguely southwestern and so very chic. I want to wear it on my nails forever.
NCLA, Santa Monica Shore Thing, swatches, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
I was so enamored of my manicure, I declared I needed some new rings to show it off. So I went to Charlotte Russe to play dress-up. Photo shoots for jewelry and nail polish often look pretty similar: manicured nails, plenty of bling.
NCLA, Santa Monica Shore Thing, swatches, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
NCLA, Santa Monica Shore Thing, swatches, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
NCLA, Santa Monica Shore Thing, swatches, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
And since Tiffany’s was right downstairs, I thought I’d go see just how close this polish is to that famous shade. I think this picture shows: it’s just a tinge more green.
NCLA, Santa Monica Shore Thing, swatches, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar, Tiffany's
Santa Monica Shore Thing is $16, available through NCLA’s website and several other retailers.

This polish was provided for swatching purposes.

6 Responses to “NCLA Santa Monica Shore Thing”

• Tara says:

That polish looks so wonderful on your beautiful hands!

• Evelyn says:

I am totally jealous of your long skinny fingers that can wear rings and cuffs like that! lol oh well, just have to make due with my clunky hands. I have to say, that’s a really cute little wallet? to go with your polish even if they aren’t an exact match.

• Deanna Matthews says:

Woo… my new obsession! So pretty!

• jbrobeck says:

Karla this color is perfection on you! I can see myself wearing it as well!

• Grace says:

Naturally there are already many comments in this vein (both on this post and in those past), but I have to add my two cents to the bucket and say that you really ought to be a hand model, at least informally – because your hands are simply so elegant and dainty!

• Katesônails says:

Hi! I’m a French nail polish addict, and I would like to know which topcoat did you used on these pictures please !
    Thanks!