Tom Ford Bronzer

Tom Ford bronzer displayFor summer 2012, Tom Ford released a pair of absolutely lovely bronzers — one matte, one not-matte (excellent). Then he decided to make them a permanent part of the line (even more excellent).

The two bronzers are called Gold Dust (“shimmer”) and Terra (matte). The name “Gold Dust” is misleading. This bronzer does have a few gold sparkles, but they are small, subtle, and few in number.

Gold Dust is the peachier (warmer) of the two, and it yields its pigment more easily. Terra is cooler, sheerer, more muted/desaturated/more brown. Honestly, I like them both, and I think I could use either. (When I last got my makeup done at a Tom Ford counter, Winnie used the Terra bronzer.)

In classic Tom Ford fashion, the compact is huge (like, 4.3″ across). The bronzers are $90 each, available at Neiman Marcusicon.
Tom Ford, bronzer, swatches, matte, shimmer, Gold Dust, Terra, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar

8 Responses to “Tom Ford Bronzer”

• tammy says:

I purchased the Terra shade and love it. No going back to any other brand’s bronzer.

• Nazih says:

90 dollar bronzer? LOL no thanks Tom Ford.

• Emily says:

I splurge a lot, but $90 for an everyday bronzer (as opposed to a special, LE one like Guerlain’s, or a palette-type one like the Edward Bess face quads)? I don’t think so. The new Givenchy Croisette is ideal for me, and then there are the Kevyn Aucoin Bronzing Veil, the Edward Bess Daydream, the “everyday” Guerlain ones, the LE Guerlain ones, and the new (and old!) Chanel bronzers. When you have an entire drawer filled with bronzers you love already, I’m not about to spend $90 on another. His prices kind of turn me off, though I did buy his blushes and love LoveLust.

• Michelle Smith says:

I would love it if the lip lacquer gold dust which was limited edition for Spring, would also become permanent. Does anyone know how I could get a hold of this item, without ordering it from Harrod’s (it is way too expensive with shipping).

In the U.S. or in the U.K., Michelle?

• M. Smith says:

I commented earlier about looking for the Gold Dust lip lacquer by Tom Ford, I am looking for the item in the United States, but haven’t had any luck, I hope you can help me.

Since it’s no longer on Neiman Marcus’s website, I’d say your best bet is to see if a NM sales associate can option-7 it for you (find it in another store and have it sent to you).

• Addison says:

Hey Karla! :) Could you possibly post the ingredients list? Or does anyone here know where I could find it?