Apologies for my Absence

I’m sorry I’ve been away, and been away without an explanation.

This wasn’t a planned hiatus (which is why I didn’t write a post announcing the interruption in blogging). It was a convergence of several life events — most importantly, the terminal illness of my grandfather.

I wasn’t expecting to take time off, it just… happened. I apologize for not writing during that time. I held off because I couldn’t say with certainty when I’d be back. Life is not at all like the movies, and though the outcome is certain, the timing is anything but. My sincere thanks for the kind emails, tweets, and Facebook messages during my absence.

Though I plan to continue swatching, I have also taken on other work commitments, so (regretfully) I won’t be able to continue posting five days a week. I’m not sure what the new schedule will be, but I’ll let you know.

81 Responses to “Apologies for my Absence”

• Estelle says:

So very sorry to hear about your grandfather, Karla. Hugs to you, and WELCOME BACK! You’ve been so very missed. :)

• Erica says:

Good to hear from you =) Really miss your swatches!

• Marie says:

Sorry about your grandfather. :(
    Thank you for taking the time to come and explain; that’s very sweet and noble of you. I feel you really don’t need to apologize because this is a blog you do (with great talent) on your spare time, so it’s all natural that you dedicated your time to your loved ones in times of crisis.
    *hug*

• Ammie says:

I’m so sorry for your loss.

• Kathy says:

I’m so sorry to hear about your grandfather Karla. If you’re able to swatch and review, your posts will be enjoyed. If not, we understand.

Thanks for checking in!

• Wendy A. says:

Just glad you are back and know that we love your blog and you as well.
    Much Love and Hugs.

• Janice says:

Your grandfather is not gone–he lives in your heart. Much love.

• So sorry to hear about your grandfather Karla!
    Welcome back!!!! we really missed you ♥♥

• Iron Maiden says:

I hope things are better now, Karla. I’ve missed your posts, but I’ll look forward to anything you have time to put up. I use your site as a reference all the time.

• Colleen says:

I am so sorry for all the difficulties you’ve gone through recently. I hope things improve from here. So glad to see you’re back!

• Melissa says:

I am sorry for the difficulties you’ve been through. The serious illness of a family member is so difficult for everyone. I am glad you’ll be posting again, though, I missed your swatches.

Thank you all so much. I was so nervous about this post, about coming back to blogging. Your kind words are so very appreciated.

• R says:

I am sorry for your loss :(

• April says:

Karla, I have missed your updates! I’m so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope all is well. So happy to see that arm again! doocaw on MUA ;-)

• Hummingbird says:

My condolences in the passing of your grandfather. I hope you’re feeling peaceful about him.
    Like everyone else, I’m so happy to see you back; but, also (i have to confess!) so sorry to hear you won’t be posting as frequently. :-( To me, your swatches are THE most useful makeup tool on the internet. I hope you find time to continue. Many thanks.

• Lipstick Rose says:

So sorry to hear about your grandfather. My condolences. I’m so happy you’re back. Your swatches are the best.

• Jean says:

Hi Karla, I am really sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. I am sending some huge hugs your way.
    Welcome back; you have definitely been missed.

• Rica says:

Welcome back karla! Nice to know you’ll be blogging again. I surely miss your posts! ^_^

• susan says:

so glad you are back!! hooray!!!!!!!!!!

• Haneen says:

welcome back karla

• Casey says:

I am glad you are back. You were missed and we worried about you because we care. I have taken care of my grandmother when she was in her last few years of life, it is hard. My thoughts are with you!,

• Jamie says:

Karla, I’m so sorry to hear about your grandfather. It’s good to see you back and I hope you are okay.

• Penny says:

So sorry to hear about your grandfather. I think about my own every day, and thank God for giving him to me for so long.
    I’m glad to see that you are back, even if only a couple of times a week. Your swatches are my favorite – I think I may have saved some money on makeup during your hiatus :-)

• TickledPink1908 says:

GLAD YOU’RE OKAY, KARLA!!!!!!……GODSPEED!!!!

• Firefly says:

Sorry for your grandfather, I hope your doing ok, I wish you all the best for your futur projects, in anything you’re planning to do and anywhere you want to be.
    I’m very glad you’re back!

See ya!

• Amanda says:

Sorry for your lost.

And so happy to have you back.

• Christina says:

I am so sorry that you went through a difficult time in your life. Your blogs brought me a lot of enjoyment and I did miss you.
    I know life responsibilities can be disruptive to the things that bring us joy and happiness, but it will pass and a learning experience.

All the best to you and lots of love.

• ame says:

WELCOME BACK! Sorry about your grandfather, I hope that you have been comforted by his hopefully long and wonderful life and your family rallying around.

Can’t wait to see more posts from you.

• santra2 says:

Thank you for taking the time to be with/support your grandfather. It is 6 weeks tomorrow that mine slipped away from us peacefully (a terminal illness as well). It’s hard to see how the world keeps turning without him here…thoughts and good vibes for you during this time.

• Deb says:

So glad you’re back and that you’re okay. My deepest sympathies on the loss of your grandfather.

• Pat says:

I’m so sorry about your grandfather. The loss of a loved one is never easy, but hopefully your good memories will help comfort you. I look forward to seeing anything you share with the rest of us. Yours is the best info and swatches, bar none. When I want to see actual shades, I know I can find them here. Thank you and hope you’re ok.