NARS Blush Recap

Well that’s all folks! I’m making today a NARS blush recap, partly so I can put just one link in the “Hot Topics” section on the right side of the page, partly so you can see the pictures all together.

One of the most prevalent misconceptions about the brand is that all their blushes are sparkly. Not so! The following blushes are matte: Zen, Gilda, Gina, Amour, Dolce Vita, Desire, Mata Hari, and Exhibit A. (The others vary in sparkle size and density.)

One very astute reader pointed out (most graciously, I might add), that I have neglected to swatch Amour. I deeply regret that it was missing from my swatching counter and I failed to notice. I hate incomplete swatches, so I’ll make sure to collect it, and then update this post.

NARS blushes are $27. Go back to the original posts for more information, and my descriptions of the colors:
Albatross, Nico, Zen, and Silvana
Sertao, Luster, Madly, and Lovejoy
Gina, Gilda, Taos, and Taj Mahal
Sin, Oasis, Outlaw, Dolce Vita, and Crazed
Deep Throat, Orgasm, Super Orgasm, Torrid, and Mounia
Desire, Mata Hari, Angelika, and Exhibit A
Gold Member, Penny Lane, Gueule de Nuit, and Cactus Flower
Lokoum, Constantinople, Montenegro, Turkish Red

25 Responses to “NARS Blush Recap”

• The Mighty J says:

>Bravo – on a job well done!:-)

• javy says:

>ty so much for taking the time to do these swatches, your blog rocks!

• elissarsmith says:

>This is incredibly helpful! Thank you!

• pinkmiracle says:

>i’ve always read your blog but never commented. thank you so much for the swatches! your blog is one of my go tos in deciding what to buy!

could you please do a MAC blushers swatch post? =)

• Andrea says:

>Great swatches from nars blushes… :)

I thought you were going to show some nars e/s for all of us… :)

• llyangel says:

>I’ve just found you blog and its fantastic your swatches are amazing, great for helping me with my online shopping, Thanks so much x

• The Lush List says:

>You just made my day!

• Sweet Potato says:

>I just found your site. The swatches are AWESOME! Since they are on your arm, I can see how well the color density is and how well the pigments blend.

Many MANY thanks!

• Fiyero says:

>I was wondering if you ever got around to getting a swatch of “Amour” blush. thanks!

• shayyme says:

>Where’s Sertao?

• Lethal says:

>thankyou soooo very much. I hope you swatch amour soon ive always been extremely curious about that one becuase of the lack of swatches.
    Iam so grateful for your swatches. i cant find any decent high quality ones as the ones ive come across here.

• Nina says:

>I think you're missing Passion too. I'd love to see it swatched as well. Thanks!

• Livvie says:

Thank you so much for the swatches! Your site is absolutely fantastic, I stumbled on this as I was looking for NARS swatches. I don’t like shopping at department stores because I *always* get sucked in to buying more than I should, even when I’m *only looking*, so your swatches have for me, been the best way to search for the right colour and texture.

• chrystyna says:

i’m getting madly this weekend! sooo excited :)
    great swatches! x

• wig says:

Thank you so much for this. Your reviews are very helpful!

• Resham says:

Everytime I want to add another NARS blush to my collection, I just come to this page and refer. You are such a great asset to beauty community…All I can do is THANK YOU…xoxo…

• CathleenM says:

You never updated with Amour! I always come to your site to find swatches, it’s SO helpful! :)

You’re right, Cathleen! Amour got swatched with a seasonal collection (http://karlasugar.net/2010/02/nars-spring-2010/). I keep meaning to do the whole range of blushes over, because I feel I’m a better swatcher now than I was when I did these.

• XOSAM says:

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

You are my go to site for swatches Karla! Thank you for all of your work :]

XOXO

• eRiN says:

Hey, I was googling swatches and found some of your pics … on someone else’s blog … passed off as their own >:[ http://harder2get.wordpress.com/2009/08/08/nars-blush-on/nars-sin-oasis-outlaw-dolce-vita-crazed-medium/

• Fay. H. says:

I love you and your swatches soooo much. It helps me a lot when I want to see how the product looks like outside of the pan. Thank you!

• Sherry says:

Great great help! I hate picking color in sephora bc the indoor lighting is never right!Thank you