Cargo Essential Eyeshadow Palette

I am so far beyond needing any “basic” kit or palette from anyone, but I am in love with Cargo’s Essential Eyeshadow Palette ($32). If (horror of horrors) I lost every stitch of makeup I currently own and had to start from zero — or if I were traveling back in time by a couple of years to give my former self a present, I would definitely want one of these.

If you (makeup guru) do gift this palette to a relative novice, be sure to tell them that the labels on the shadows are only suggestions — they don’t have to use all four shadows to “work” the palette correctly, and they can definitely change the placement or combinations of colors to make different looks. (“Browbone” can become lid and “lid” can become crease. “Browbone” could be used at inner corner, or “outer corner” can be a liner.) Likewise, if you, makeup guru, receive one of these beauties as a gift for your preferred winter holiday, don’t be offended because there are instructions printed on the powder.

Cargo Essential Eyeshadow Palettes: Warm Neutral, Warm/Neutral, Cool Neutral, Cool/Neutral, Dark Neutral, Dark/Neutral

7 Responses to “Cargo Essential Eyeshadow Palette”

• Get Togetha says:

>Is this for a smoky eye?

>It could be for any number of looks. “Smoky eye” is a technique, so you can use almost any colors to create a smoky look, or you can use “smoky” colors to make a subdued, traditional eye.

There are also multiple ways to do a smoky eye — it can be as dramatic or understated as you feel comfortable wearing. (Was that the answer you were looking for?)

• Lynn says:

>did you swatch these with a primer first? they look so pigmented!

>Nope! That’s a sponge-tip applicator and a dry arm. (Though I do swatch heavily to best show color.) Aren’t they gorgeous?

• Lynn says:

>yes to gorgeous..I think I *need* all 3,LOL!

• raorganicspa says:

>Cargo Essential Eye Shadow Palette is simply the great. It is great for giving as a gift to friends and others. All the shades in the picture look great. And I hope these shades are the best and don’t harm the skin. Because everyone was very touchy about their skin and we prefer the skin care first. I’ll try these shades soon. Thank you very much for sharing the post.

• Christa says:

I just purchased the Cool Palette so I’d have some additional blending colors. I’d never paid much attention to Cargo. But I think I may have to go back for the Warm one as well :) )