Shiseido Perfect Rouge Lipstick

Shiseido recently unveiled a new formula of lipstick, called Rouge Parfait — or Perfect Rouge. The lipstick is supposed to be moisturizing and long-lasting, and all 20 shades were created by Shiseido’s Artistic Director, Dick Page.

These lipsticks come in an abstracted-clover-shaped case (which might be a little bulky) and have no scent. My favorite shade was BE208, Baby, but that’s mostly indicative of what kind of springy shades I’m in the mood for right now. And I finally figured out Shiseido’s naming system: RD is red, PK is pink, BE is beige, OR is orange, RS is rose, etc.

Perfect Rouge lipsticks are $25 each. They are medium-to-full coverage, and I found their wear-time and moisture to be good, but not the best. (That honor is still held by Chanel Rouge Allure, Clinique High Impact Lipstick, and CoverGirl TruShine.)
Shiseido Perfect Rouge lipstick: BE109, BE 109, Spiced Cream, BE208, BE 208, Baby, BE310, BE 310, Dune, BR702, BR 702, Almond Pink, OR418, OR 418, Day Lily, Daylily, PK307, PK 307, Tourmaline, PK303, PK 303, Pink Mesa, PK419, PK 419, Ariel, PK417, PK 417, Bubblegum, RS701, RS 701, Serenity, RS711, RS 711, Venetian Rose, RS306, RS 306, Titian, Titan, RS612, RS 612, Gilded Wine, Glided Wine, RS320, RS 320, Fuchsia, Fuschia, RD304, RD 304, Sweet Pea, RD305, RD 305, Salon, RD516, RD 516, Cerise, RD415, RD 415, Valentine, RD514, RD 514, Dragon, RD613, RD 613, Mystery

20 Responses to “Shiseido Perfect Rouge Lipstick”

• Elvira says:

>Serenity looks pretty and I like Dragon too! Thanks for posting this Karla!

• Valerie says:

>Ahhh, I have wondered what those letters meant! I thought they had something to do with formula, and I couldn’t fathom… I like the look of Dune, but not $25-like…Almond Pink reminds me a little of my recently acquired ArmaniSilk #1, which somehow in my mind was worth $25… :-)

• Patti says:

>The range of shades is gorgeous! I have two of them but I am sure I will be looking for more. I’m amazed at the beautiful neutrals, a color category that I don’t usually pay much attention to.
    Thanks for the swatches!!

• SarahM says:

>Sigh. Dragon looks just up my alley. Damn you Karla’s Arm! (just kidding. I’d die without The Arm)

• Cat says:

>Oh man… I think I need Dragon. Possibly also Ariel and Baby. So pretty!

• jojoba says:

>I have beeing waiting for these to be released here. You beat me to it!!! LOL. do you know if these are replacing my HG Perfecting Lipsticks? I surely hope not…

thanks

• Traci Wickett says:

>I bought Baby yesterday. Couldn’t resist.

• Suzanne says:

>These look gorgeous– thanks, Karla!

• Elle Y. says:

>Oh Karla Karla Karla!!!This new line is really irresistable to me, and I am eying upon Cerise, Bubblegum, Venetian Rose and Almond Pink. You are so bad for the purse! Just kidding and thank you so very much.

• The Lush List says:

>I have to tell you something.
    I love you, and your blog.
    Helpful and fantastic, thank you!

• Sarah says:

>Thanks so much for these! I’ve got Baby and Fuschia on the way but now I want Ariel, Cerise, and Serenity :) Your swatches always inspire so many lemmings…

• Wombat says:

>Hi Karla, wombat from MUA =D Quick question hoping you could kindly help with, do you remember whether the PK417 bubblegum shade was really bright? It looks like a wearable warm pink but I’m worried it might really look like bubblegum pink on my lips! Cheers!

>I think you should be okay. It is bright (these seemed to have pretty good coverage on my arm), but not *so* bright and cool that I would expect the Barbie look.

• Wombat says:

>Thanks Karla, promptly ordered this =D Hopefully it’ll be up on my blog too sooner than later! =)

• Maryda says:

>Great formula, pigmented, love it…I bought BE 109.

• jojoba says:

>girl, i just linked this swatch post to my review. Thanks a lot.

Review: Shiseido The Makeup Perfect Rouge & Swatches – Every Shade But One!

• 53 says:

Hi, i bought Ariel coz of the name. LOLX. den i bought Baby coz.. well i kinda like it and I got a mini version of the lipstick in Dragon. So awesome. These doesn’t make my lips chap like crazy.
    Anyways, can you swatch Maquillage lipsticks when you’re free? ppleasseeeee.

• Xuxu says:

Wow, I really like Titian, I have to put it in my “buy when you have money” list hehehehe

• 53 says:

Hi!! Shiseido released a new lipstick range called Shimmering Rouge. Can you swatch it?

(Also, btw I think you would love the Perfect Rouge Tender/Matte ones too but you don’t have to swatch that, juz suggesting to u)

• Jes says:

I have in Rouge RD 732, but it’s not red at all. It says RD but the color is a medium pink or soft pink but not too opaque nor makes u look washed out, it’s not even bright, described as a healthy natural pink; warm and subdued. They have nice variety of shades! highly recommended! Im planning to get PK 327, It can be a nude pink shade but not totally nude. Enhances your natural lip color. It’s an MLBB shade. Im happy with my RD 732 which i just bought yesterday, i can use it during the day and night. One of the niciest pink shade I tried.