Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencils

I didn’t understand lipliners for a long time. I’m not one to layer my lip products anyway (it’s lipstick or gloss for me!) — so when it came to lipliners, I had one, the same shade as my brightest red lipstick, and I only used it one way:

When I wore that red lipstick, I applied the lipstick first (without a lipbrush, just tube-to-lips), and the liner second. Because the lipstick was bright, a ragged edge was noticeable, so I’d straighten up the line by drawing on top of it with my pencil. Just a little clean-up work; not a way to ever finish a lipliner.

Some people line their lips first, but since liner lasts longer than many lipsticks, you have to check throughout the day to make sure your lipstick hasn’t left your liner all alone out there. Some people use the pencil to lightly color in their lips first, as a base for their lipstick. I’ve heard they’re a must-have if your lipstick has a tendency to “bleed” (off your lips). Whatever you do, please do not try to make your pout look bigger by overdrawing it with a liner. No one is fooled.

Anyway, before I get too far afield: Urban Decay makes a fantastically soft, smooth, creamy lip liner. Ingredients like jojoba oil, vitamin E, and cottonseed oil make these pencils as easy to work with as their 24/7 eyeliner counterparts. The lipliners are also waterproof, vegan, and $16 each. Click here to see the Urban Decay lipsticks you might be pairing these with.
Urban Decay lipliners: Ozone, Naked, Heavy, Gash, Wicked, Envious

9 Responses to “Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencils”

• Michelle says:

>Wicked is a pretty color.. perhaps to even wear my itself & clear gloss

• Valerie says:

>I am waaaaay to lazy to use a lip liner, but Naked and Heavy both look awesome.

• Carrie B says:

>Thanks for swatching these. I really want to try them! Lately I’ve taken to only wearing lip liner, especially MAC Nightmoth or Chicory pencils: put a little clear balm on top and soften the color with my fingertip. I just like the stain-like color and precision of application.

• The Mighty J says:

>I hear some ppl even use lipstick brushes , too! Oh too modern for me LOL I kid, I kid – but despite having lip liners, including a Cargo one that claims to be great for glosses, on a day to day basis I never find the time to use all that stuff. Its all tube-to-lips for me , too babiee!

• jojoba says:

>i don’t use lipliners but these are beautiful!

• Stephanie says:

Every time I see your swatches I want whatever the product is!

• Jessica Mua says:

Not to be rude or anything but I find your comment very offensive and tacky to say “nobody is fooled” when you overdraw your lips. There are no rules to makeup. You cant tell anyone what shade/way to wear their lip pencil/lipstick/concealer/foundation/eyeshadow/bronzer/etc. Just to let you know Marilyn Monroe used to overdraw her lips ALOT. There are people with full lips who do it. Just like some people with naturally full lashes sometimes wear faux lashes. To tell someone not to do something in regards to makeup is very rude. I hope you can take that info under consideration.

• Tliz says:

@Jessica Mua – You need to calm down. I don’t think she was being rude at all with her no one is fooled comment. Don’t be so dramatic and take things seriously, especially in the world of makeup, LMAO.

• Denise says:

I agree it is rude to say no one is fooled! I have naturally thin lips and over line them and when I don’t have lip liner on people tell me they would have never know my lips are so thin naturally and that I do a great job of disguising it!