Lipstick Queen: Sinner Lipstick (+2)

Yesterday we looked at the Lipstick Saints, the “10% pigment” lipsticks from “lips-only” brand Lipstick Queen. The Saints’ counterparts are the Sinners: same color ideas, same names, but in matte, full-coverage glory. If you need instant 40s glam, it’s right here. To tell you the truth, I found the Sinners more interesting than the Saints.

About the bonus two lipsticks… Black Tie Optional lipstick was sitting on the Saints and Sinners display unit, and since it comes in the same color tube as the Sinner lipsticks, I thought it was one of them. It’s not. Black Tie Optional is a mattifying black lipstick, meant to be worn on top of something else to make it extra sexy (kind of like Lancome’s Piha gloss).

Lipstick Queen also makes Medieval Lip Stain, a sheer red lipstick that turned out to be my favorite product from this brand. I think everyone in the world is looking for a sheer red lipstick — this could be it.

Lipstick Queen lipsticks are $18 each, and can be purchased through her website, Barneys New York’s website, and in a scattered selection of physical stores.
Lipstick Queen Sinner Lipstick: Coral Sinner, Berry Sinner, Natural Sinner, Nude Sinner, Pink Sinner, Rouge Sinner, Rose Sinner, Wine Sinner, Red Sinner, Rust Sinner, Medieval, Black Tie Optional

11 Responses to “Lipstick Queen: Sinner Lipstick (+2)”

• Veronica says:

>Yay- thank you for this post- now I know that I must buy teh medieval one- it looks so pretty.

• Julia says:

>Thanks for swatching! Will you be doing the Lipstick Queen Big Bang glosses av well *hopeful*?

• Proximity says:

>Thanks again for swatching this line! Medieval is the only one I have, but I love it to pieces, I really think just about anyone could wear that color and have it look great.

I’m still curious about the glosses etc. But this is really helpful for figuring out which lipstick shades would work for me :)

• Jamilla Camel says:

>I’ve got Red Sinner and Rust Sinner and I love them both!!

• Suzanne says:

>Oooh yes, will you please swatch the Big Bang glosses, too? :)

• jojoba says:

>are they on the dry side? they look so on your arm. or they are just more matte and creamy?

we can’t thank you enough for the swatches!

• Joey says:

>Karla! FYI you’ll have to reswatch Black Tie Optional soon. It’s being reformulated – I’m surprised your counter still has it out! =D

• queenofwands says:

>Medieval is my single, gotta-have, never-be-without Holy Grail of lipsticks. Perfection in a tube.

• ccnyc212 says:

>Black Tie lipstick goes UNDER a sheer lipstick to give it added depth – black tie gloss goes over any lipstick or can be worn on its own.

Once I found that out I was hooked!

Poppy gave me that tip when I met her recently!

CC

>Well that’s good to know — thank you, CC!