Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage

By special request from a reader in Belgium, today we’re taking a look at Laura Mercier’s Secret Camouflage concealer. Everything’s a secret with Laura. She makes Secret Camouflage, a two-sided compact for face; Secret Concealer, a potted concealer for undereye; Secret Brightener (an illuminating click pen akin to YSL’s Touche Eclat), and Secret Brightening Powder (an illuminating finishing powder for setting undereye concealer).

You might have also seen something called an Undercover Pot — that’s an all-in-one, travel-ready trifecta of Secret Camouflage, Secret Concealer, and Translucent Loose Setting Powder.
The Secret Camouflage compact comes with two shades: a wide stripe and a narrow stripe (and the swatches are in wide, narrow order). Laura’s website says something about this producing a blended concealer that matches the depth of your skintone as well as your undertone… that explanation is a little beyond me. The point is that you mix the two shades on the back of your hand (or a petri dish, or whatever) to create your exact shade. This is great because you should be able to produce an exact match, regardless of seasonal variations… but you’re going to have to repeat that alchemy every day.

The makeup artist I spoke to said to choose the compact whose wide shade most closely matched your skin: I would use SC-1.

Secret Camouflage is really thick and dry, intended to cover spots, blemishes, discoloration, etc. You wouldn’t want to use it for your undereye area unless you mixed it with eye cream first to make a creamier consistency.

Secret Camouflage is $28 for .26 oz (7.7 g), and Laura’s recommended application tool is a pointed, synthetic bristled, concealer brush.

11 Responses to “Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage”

• Steve says:

>Actually, the undercover pot doesn’t include the secret brightening powder, just the loose setting powder.

>Doh! Thank you, Steve. The post has been corrected.

• Amanda says:

>thanks a lot for this post =)

• Jessica says:

>I got this product after reading about it time and time again- I will say it’s better than average for me, but I wouldn’t say it’s “the one”.

One thing that annoys me is that I’m very fair, and that means that I’ll go through an entire pan of the narrow side (which matches how dark your skin tone is) while I barely touch the wide said (it’s supposed to adjust the concealer’s balance of yellow-vs-pink, but it does darken the color also.)

Just a buyer beware for those that are fair- just bet on being able to use less than half of the palette for the price.

• BeautyTalk says:

>Yeah, you are right it is too dry/thick for the undereye .. I was recommended to use Undercover for this area…as I was explained it combines Secret Camouflage and Secret Concealer… But unfortunately I was not very impressed with the results. Didn’t look natural.

• nonob88 says:

>Ooh, I really could’ve used these swatches before I bought it a few weeks ago!

Thanks for these. I really love this concealer and I love Laura Mercier! :)

• Maryda says:

>If it’s too dry for under eyes, you can mix it with your eye cream or gel, etc. Or while it’s still damp, you put the concealer using your finger and just blend it. It works fine for me. Becareful though, you have to choose the eye cream that doesn’t “flake”. Jurlique herbal eye gel, Garnier Nutrisse w SPF, DHC eye gel…they don’t flake with concealer. :)

• deborah says:

THANK YOU!!!! U ARE THE BEST!!!!!! xo

• Lumi says:

Thank you so much for the big swatches! Very helpful. ^^

• Janet says:

I really like how you placed the colours on your arm so people could see them clearly. Thank you.

• LAIS MENEZES says:

Como eu faço para comprar ? Entrega no Brasil ? Obrigada.