Beaute Weightless Lip Cremes

It was an exciting weekend, readers (which means an exciting week!). If you hadn’t heard already, Beaute Cosmetics has added another product to their lineup: a “liquid lipstick” (a la Laura Mercier Lip Velvets or Dior Creme de Gloss).

They’re called Weightless Lip Cremes, and “weightless” is absolutely right. These offer full coverage in an incredibly lightweight lipgloss form. I think they’re meant to be applied to bare lips, and because of their lightness, they never completely set.

When you first put these on, you’ll probably get that “line” (the collection of gloss at the inside of your lip) — take a q-tip and roll it over the inside of your lips to clean up the excess product there. I’d also recommend tapping your finger over your lips to blur any hard edges and help the product blend into your skin. After 2-3 minutes, they do become a little less slippery.

Weightless Lip Cremes are $26 Canadian (approximately $23 U.S. at the moment), but the handsome folks at Beaute have agreed to reactivate the karlasugar code, for 10% off your order! (Good through September 15.)

Click here for instructions on where to enter that code, or for swatches of their other products (if you don’t own at least one of their lip and cheeks stains, you are seriously missing out). Beaute, Weightless, Lip Cremes, Lip Creams, liquid lipstick, Masochist, Girlina, Severine, Wanted, Trace, Modern LoveBeaute Weightless Lip Cremes: Masochist, Girlina, Severine, Wanted, Trace, Modern Love

10 Responses to “Beaute Weightless Lip Cremes”

• Sara in Seattle says:

>thank you, thank you, thank you! Been waiting for these and they were every bit worth the wait. Already placed my order for three of them (girlina, wanted, trace)… and will think about modern love (would I really have the guts to go that dark??). Thank you so much! I've been on a strict no-buy but made some ebay sales, and I feel much more confident now about spending some of that hard-earned cash.

• Kristina says:

>OMG, Trace looks incredible! This is so tempting! =X

• Deborah says:

>these are gorgeous & I love the stain & gloss I got from beaute earlier; thank you !

• mtycer says:

>Wow, those look amazing! I love the pigmentation. Are they drying at all? I'm thinking of trying the OCC lip tars but I've heard those aren't very moisturizing and I have very very dry lips.

Thanks for the swatches :)

>mtycer, I haven't had mine long enough to *really* test, but they're supposed to be moisturizing.

They're paraben-free (in case anyone was wondering), and contain mango butter and vitamin E (for moisture), plus orchid extract and maxi-lip (supposed to stimulate collagen production). The orchid extract and maxi-lip are in the Beaute glosses as well. Hope that helps!

• Andrea says:

>Hi Karla! I live in Brazil and I am always checking swatches on your blog in order to buy things for me. I always ask to my parents or for some friends to do this task ;) . I saw many things here from Bobbi Brown, but I didnt see the blushes. It would be so helpfull if you could do some swatches from these blushes here on your blog!! :)

Thanks!!

• Fiona says:

>Thanks so much for your swatches!! I absolutely adore your blog. I was wondering how you compared the colour of "wanted" to "medusa" from their luminous volume gloss collection. Also, how would you say the formulations compare?

• Sarah says:

>Oh wow, Girlina and Wanted are especially gorgeous, really want these!

• C says:

>Oh Karla, Karla, Karla. You are killing me here. I think I need to own Masochist, Trace and Modern Love or I will go crazy. Thanks for swatching these, I might have to break my no-online shopping rule for this. I love Beaute's stuff.

• Carla says:

>It's Carla from Product Girl, by the way… stupid profile. :)