Look at my Nails! RBL Drifter

I’d like to introduce you to one of the most beautiful nail polishes in the world: Rescue Beauty Lounge’s Drifter.

There are a few things that keep me from recommending this polish wholeheartedly. For starters, it’s regularly $18 (unless you happen to catch one of RBL’s half-price sales). It’s also fairly high maintenance to apply. Drifter seems to take an uncommonly long time to dry (even with my speedy topcoat and quick drying drops), and is the smudgiest polish I’ve ever used. I know my application here wasn’t perfect, but it took me three tries to get it looking even this good. A nail-polish-loving friend confirmed my experience, but suggested that Drifter was not representative of the RBL experience.
Rescue Beauty Lounge, RBL, swatch, Drifter

11 Responses to “Look at my Nails! RBL Drifter”

• Chibu74 says:

>this is GORGEOUS….love this kinda shades

• lexi920 says:

>that is a lovely color. Is that true of the drying time for all RBL colors? May be a problem for me since I am super impatient when it comes to drying time!

• abby says:

>this looks like three coats worth of boris and natasha by OPI….certainly look into it!! it is cheaper and easier to apply!! and equally beautiful of course!
    cheers
    abby

• Lizzard says:

>they're amazing! and your skin/cuticles – ah flawless!

was that polish pricey, i know they have that rep ;-)

• Tiffany says:

>I have Drifter but haven't used it yet…I'll remember your notes when I finally do try it. I like the RBL polishes I have, but I'm not crazy enough about them that I'd pay full price.

• the-swatchaholic says:

>I'd love to try a RBL nail polish at some point but they are too expensive at their full price. Plus when there is a sale the international shipping is crazy expensive. :(

• amy@cafemakeup.com says:

>That's an incredible shade of red–it's not a 'hit you over the head' red, or a vampy dark. It's has a different kind of impact–like a "high IQ" red rather than a loud or overbearing red. Love it! Thanks for the gorgeous pic!

• GreatSheElephant says:

>Hmm. Nice, but surely just Rouge Noir or one of the many dupes?

• Stephanie says:

>Hm, interesting that you had a problem with Drifter. I have it and it's one of my favorite polishes. I find its drying time to be pretty standard and its application, for me, is…impeccable. Maybe you got a bad bottle? But then again you said your friend confirms that this is a finicky polish. Interesting, indeed.

>Lexi920 — I've only heard this about Drifter so far.

Stephanie — I want your bottle! It really is such a gorgeous color.