Korres Lip Butters

Korres (pronounced kor-REZ) was founded in 1996. It started out as a skincare line (associated with Athens’ first homeopathic pharmacy), and since has grown into an international brand boasting more than 400 natural skincare and cosmetic products. (Random trivia: their first ever product was a honey-and-aniseed herbal throat syrup.)

The brand is all-natural, and largely organic (note that the brand is not vegan). Korres also partners with Greek organic farmers, local communities, and agricultural unions to source their materials.

Korres has definitely seen a meteoric rise in popularity in the U.S., and one of their most frequently talked about products is their Lip Butter. The Lip Butters are potted balms containing shea butter, and they can actually be used on both lips and cheeks. Each one is scented like its name, and most provide a sheer tint of color (Guava is clear; Jasmine is a very faint pink tint). The Lip Butters are, in fact, vegan.
Korres, Lip Butter, swatches, Guava, Plum, Jasmine, Wild Rose, Pomegranate, Mango, Quince
Plum is more red than Wild Rose (which is deeper, more purple/berry); though Plum is still a purplish red. Pomegranate is coral pink; Mango is orange; and Quince is (cool) rose-pink.

Lip Butters are $10 each. You can find them at Sephora, or buy them from Korres’ website. If you’re lucky enough to live in NYC, Korres also has a salon there.

Korres Lip Butter: Guava, Plum, Jasmine, Wild Rose, Pomegranate, Mango, Quince

12 Responses to “Korres Lip Butters”

• I hear so many raves about these, I don’t know why I haven’t tried them already!

• Sofia says:

its pronounced the way its writen, kor-res ( its an “s” not a “z” ) and i although im not easy with lip butters , its the best thing ever happened to my lips.ive got them in every single colour but my favorite its jasmine both cause of the colour and smell…it feels great at the beginging but its real value shows after a gentle peeling of lips and a nice application…i was a bit unhappy with them using a pot but i guess thats what texture requires…and since ive started looking at them more like a treatment product than a make up product that i want to cary with me, im totely happy..makes my lips super soft , help me wearing lipsticks that are drying by themselfs ( just a tiny bit under my matte Mac’s works perfect) and think they are awesome to turn certai colour a bit lighter, or more orange or dark red….ok ok i stop now..i know i get excited :-)

• Sondra says:

Hi Karla! Guess what? These come in stick form now…like regular chapstick. I’m SOOOOOOO excited!!

Really??? Can you direct me to them on the website?

• Carrie B says:

Oh wow, I have two of these in pots but stick form would be perfect!

Karla, sorry to sound anal but there is a little typo in the writeup: (note that this means is not vegan) I guess should say (note that this does not mean vegan) or something similar. Although, maybe these lip butters are actually vegan? They don’t seem to have beeswax, lanolin, or carmine.

Whoops — thanks, Carrie. Somewhere in drafting I lost my “it.”

Though this product is vegan, the brand is not. It’s worth noting that “natural” and “vegan” are often mutually exclusive.

And it is definitely worth mentioning (and praising Korres), that product ingredient lists are easily available on their website.

• Pinch says:

These look really pretty – I’d give them a go if Korres was more easily available to me. I’d like to try the MAC TLCs first though :) (But let’s be honest, I probably have 40 different lipbalms floating around the house and handbags. I don’t need ‘em)

• Anika says:

I love these – the color goes on beautifully and gives the perfect amount of just-kissed color (I’m pale, so wild rose is perfect for me). They’re true stains though; they give almost no moisture at all, and that’s really my only problem.

• I like these, but don’t love them. Like Anika, I find that they don’t really moisturize that much, which is odd since they’re a lip butter.

• luv2smilexo says:

man i really need to try one of these.

• i only tried its l/s but ever the l/g. i like how you did the swatch with a tad more of the original gloss instead of sheered out version. the l/s was good and i think these l/g also look quite nice. thank you again!