Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer (my current foundation), is the fullest coverage tinted moisturizer I know. I checked my feelings about it with some Laura Mercier sales associates, and they said, “no, no. It’s buildable. It’s very sheer if you apply with a damp sponge.” I guess anything can be sheer applied with a damp sponge.

I apply LM TM with my fingers, and I like it because it wears really comfortably, and I think it blends out to be invisible — invisible perfecting is my personal foundation goal (I just want to even out my skintone). I also find that a bit of foundation under the eyes does about half the concealing job I want, so I need less concealer (meaning less creasing).

Laura’s TM contains SPF 20, and a 1.5 oz. tube is $42. It also comes in an oil-free version.
Laura Mercier, Tinted Moisturizer, LM, TM, swatches, Porcelain, Nude, Bisque, Sand, Fawn, Almond, Caramel, Tan, Walnut, Mocha
I wear Porcelain. Bisque, Caramel, and Mocha are new shades.
Laura Mercier, Tinted Moisturizer, LM, TM, swatches, Porcelain
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer: Porcelain, Nude, Bisque, Sand, Fawn, Almond, Caramel, Tan, Walnut, Mocha

15 Responses to “Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer”

• Lisa R says:

You’re lucky that tinted moisturiser is all the coverage you need. I love that Givenchy Photo Perfexion, because it’s also invisible (I share that goal), but gives a little more coverage.

• Kate says:

I’m really regretting swapping away my Porcelain. I had thought (prematurly) that I had found something better, but it was not. :(

• Laura says:

I love LM tinted moisturizer! My color is Porcelain too :)

• Tina says:

I just got this yesterday! Now that the weather is warming up and my skin is getting better, foundation is a bit much. So I went with this TM, and I LOVE it so far. Feels lighter than moisturizer to me because I usually have to slather the stuff on in the winter and it really does just disappear into the skin. I’m probably going to have to get another tube as my skin tans, but it’s totally worth it!

• Eileen says:

As you said, anything can be made sheer if applied with a damp sponge. The problem is that when we do a sheer application of any SPF foundation, we significantly reduce the SPF protection. Bottom line: I hope all you ladies are wearing a separate sunscreen applied generously. There are some excellent ones out there that won’t interfere with your make-up application. Sorry! When it comes to suncreen use, I get a bit preachy.

• Catherine says:

2nd to Eileen! I was going to mention that if no one else did! I think sunscreen in tinted moisturizers or foundations (and don’t even get me started on bronzers LOL…) is just silly because no one applies enough to get the rated coverage! SPF is calculated based on a usage of 2mg/cm^2 which turns out to be a fourth teaspoon for most people. That’s a LOT of product!

Furthermore, it is possible to destabilize sunscreen ingredients in different formulations by layering them, so it’s really best to just wear one good separate sunscreen and leave the SPF out of everything else.

(Luckily, I don’t have this problem as I’m allergic to chemical sunscreens, and the physical ones aren’t as complicated, but that also means I can’t wear awesome things like this TM or YSL’s famed Rouge Voluptes. ;_:)

• HT says:

I absolutely love Laura Mercier TM… it’s amazing. There’s just a sliiiight problem: I’m allergic to the SPF in it! Ack! My skin is really sensitive when it comes to SPF and it definitely does not like Laura Mercier TM… sadness. It really is a great product.

• Ann says:

I just love this tinted moisturizer (though I also think it’s more like a light foundation). I try out a lot of different things, but this is something I always come back to, and I re-buy if I run out. My shade is also porcelain. I love that it blends in to look invisible, but you can build more coverage with it if you want. I don’t put much stock in the SPF in it though … but my daily sunscreen is mostly a physical sunscreen, so I’m not too worried about it interfering with anything, at least.

The only thing I’d really change is that all of the shades (including my match, porcelain) are pretty warm, and I’m a bit more neutral to cool. I’d love to see them pretty much double the number of shades offered.

• Kizzy-online says:

I’m writing this down: as soon as I can find it on sale somewhere, I’m definitely snagging it! :-)

• Style Souk says:

This is one of my favourites, too.

For those who love Laura Mercier – but are looking for more coverage – her Silk Creme is also AMAZING!

Sarah x

STYLE SOUK – Fashion and Beauty Blog

• Thom says:

I don’t know about you all, but I find that the LM tinted moisturizer shades run quite dark.

I don’t even consider myself that pale, and I’m Porcelain.

• Chin says:

May I ask? The LM one you mention waring regulary is it the oil-free version(dark tube) or illuminating version(white tube)?

Hunh, I thought they were all packaged in the same color tube. I use regular/original (not oil-free, not illuminating).