Rescue Beauty Lounge Spring Collection

Like a lot of shoppers, I have to like how something looks on me from three feet away, but I fall in love with the details — the buttons, the stitching.

Rescue Beauty Lounge’s spring collection (Ironic/Iconic) is all about the details, and for the umpteeth time, I find myself marveling at the subtlety and nuance of their shades.
Rescue Beauty Lounge, Decorous, swatches, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Decorous is a soft, fawn brown — almost the color of a malted milkshake — that reflects white.
Rescue Beauty Lounge, Insouciant, swatches, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Insouciant is a grey-purple with these tiiiiny blue shimmers, so it reflects blue.
Rescue Beauty Lounge, Recherche, swatches
Recherche is incredible. Is it plum? Is it brown? It really changes in different lighting. I’d call it a deep, dark, dusty plum — the only cream of the group — and it’s like nothing else I own.
Rescue Beauty Lounge, Iconoclast, swatches, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Iconoclast is black, with these tiny little pink and green sparkles. I don’t know pink and green add up to a white reflect, but in sunlight, it almost looks like charcoal. It’s such a new and happy take on chic black.
Rescue Beauty Lounge, Iconoclast, swatches, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Look at those sparkles!  (Click the image for full size sparkliness.)

These were all really easy to apply, and while they haven’t been in my possession long enough for me to tell you about their wear time, I’ve never had any trouble with RBL.

Founder and creative genius Ji Baek described this collection as almost fractured. She felt that the spring/summer fashion shows ran the gamut from ladylike to studded black leather (a trend that mirrored her own day-to-day style). Her collection was intended to reflect the many facets of any woman’s “look.”

Rescue Beauty polishes are $18 each, and the only place I’ve ever purchased them has been their website. If you’re in New York, you could swing by Rescue Beauty Lounge (the salon) on Gansevoort Street in the Meatpacking District. All four of the spring shades are limited edition, and Ji said she hoped to hold the 48-hour pre-sale maybe by the end of January. Sign up for her newsletter to make sure you hear about that pre-sale (though I’ll announce it here, too).

Rescue Beauty Lounge nail polishes contain no Toluene, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, or DBP, and they are not tested on animals.

Rescue Beauty provided these polishes for swatching purposes, which is incredibly lucky because I would have wanted to buy all four.

17 Responses to “Rescue Beauty Lounge Spring Collection”

• Scrangie says:

Great swatches, Karla! Decorous looks sooooo much better on you than it does on me!

• applepark says:

Oh I can’t wait to get my hands on these!

• Anne W says:

Have never tried Rescue Beauty, but the Decorous and Recherche are gorgeous!

• connie says:

Ooooh! I want them all! Great pictures as always, Karla!!!

• Ok, now I see the excitement. I love the shimmers…gawd…save my wallet from RBL!!!

• Jackie says:

So pretty…but $18 for a nail polish?! No thanks!

• Meeta says:

These all look soo beautiful, I wish we could get RBL readily here in the UK as they do some unique shades.

• Violet says:

Wow, this SO doesn’t disappoint! I’m going to want them all, but *especially* insouciant, which is *very* similar to the color I came up with for my fan submission… I wanted a color called “organza” that was a grayed-out blue-purple with iridescent shimmer, based on lavender organza ribbon.

• Color Corner says:

I’m drooling all over Insouciant! omg can’t wait for it to come out

• Oh I really like the grey-purple with the blue shimmer. I’ve never tried Rescue Beauty Lounge before… I must find somewhere to buy it from.

Thanks for the lovely swatches. Your nails look fab x

Clever Rabbit Beauty Blog
    Polish. Potions. Whatever.

Follow me on twitter: @Clever_Rabbit

• Heather says:

I would be interested in how Recherche compares to Chanel Paradoxal.

• Rebecca says:

What moisturizer do you use!! Your hands always look lovely :)

Heather — I think Soaper1 has Paradoxal (she swatched it for me here: http://karlasugar.net/2010/07/guest-swatcher-chanel-paradoxal/). Maybe she and I can get together and do a side-by-side.

Rebecca — Neutrogena Norwegian formula every night. This stuff is the best. You can also use it on elbows, (if the tip of your nose is chapped from weather/a cold)… anywhere.

My skin hates winter… so when it’s dry there’s no such thing as too much moisturizer. During the day I want something effective that dries quickly and completely. The only product that fits the bill for me has been MAC’s Mineralize All-Over Lotion (released with Warm & Cozy, last year’s post-holiday collection). You can also use it on your face, which is fantastic. I’ve been stockpiling this stuff.

• lexi920 says:

I think I want this entire collection. I love every color!

• Rebecca says:

Hmm…I never would have thought to use moisturizers from MAC. But it seems as though I have to check it out now…

• Tiffany says:

These polishes are gorgeous!! They all look great on you…