Taupe Craze: A Video for Lancome

I recently got the chance to participate in a very cool project. To celebrate the launch of their new (permanent!) Color Design eyeshadow quints (swatched here), Lancome asked 20 bloggers to each make a video about one of the quints — two bloggers per palette. I already thought these palettes were pretty great, so I was delighted to contribute.

Though we were given the same basic set of guidelines, we each worked independently, so I’m amused to see how different the videos are (they’re being released, one per day). Here’s mine (guess which palette I picked):

You already know neutral shadows are my favorite, and taupe is everywhere (rocks, weathered wood fences, architectural metal). I had a great time roaming around Dallas discovering non-makeup examples of the colors in this palette. (Purple is not taupe, but it is complimentary.)

The Color Design palettes (including Taupe Craze) are $48, available at Lancome-usa.com and everywhere Lancome is sold.

Here are the other videos (I’ll continue to update these as they go live):
What I Wore: Pink Envy

M.I.S.S.: Jade Fever

College Fashion: Mauve Cherie

Style Observer: Bronze Amour

Nitrolicious: Midnight Rush

Dramatis Personae: Sienna Sultry

The Jet Set Girls: Sienna Sultry

Beauty Sweet Spot: Amethyst Glam

My It Things: Midnight Rush

Afrobella: Teal Fury

Pretty Shiny Sparkly: Pink Envy

Fashion Pulse Daily: Mauve Cherie

Chic Galleria: Coral Crush

Think Through Fashion: Bronze Amour

Lancome provided the palette I used, and I was compensated for making this video.

If you really love Lancome and you want to show it, you can follow them on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.

15 Responses to “Taupe Craze: A Video for Lancome”

• valerie says:

KARLA, THAT WAS SO GOOD! Sorry, I had to shout that. :-)

Also, I love What I Wore’s outfits – she is one of my daily blog checks.

• Delfina says:

Damn, your voice is good!

• You really do have an amazing voice! I love how you showed all the ways that taupe interacts with our lives… I’ve never been so excited about a color ;)

• Sorry to be the parrot but Damn your voice is good LOL Love your videos and this is such a great way for you to show your talent. Thanks!

• makeupmag says:

Love your video and its taupe-related images; it was very well done. :)

• beth maiorana says:

Hi Karla! Love, love, love your video- really quite professional. I love neutrals also. Thank you for sharing this with us! ;-) )

• Joseph says:

Well done! And yours was the best of the lot.

• Sugarbritches, that was the simply the best!

• Kristina says:

LOVE your video, Karla!!! They should play that as a commercial on TV! :)

• amarock says:

I’m probably biased, but I like your video the best! And I wore the Taupe Craze palette today for work – love it, so wearable and lasts all day on me.

• Daniel Rease says:

Great videos! Always interested in new Fashion and Beauty ideas! Thanks

• Faye says:

KarlaSugar, I don’t know if you remember, but a while ago on MUA we communicated and I told you the hand that swatched the makeup would be the hand that ruled the world. My prophesy is coming true . . . soon everyone will acknowledge your swatch-y greatness :) !

• Citrine says:

I gave up after the 8th video and yours is my absolute favorite!

Love your voice by the way!