Le Metier de Beaute Rock ‘n’ Romance Set

I almost didn’t swatch Le Metier de Beaute’s Nordstrom anniversary set. Neither of my two Nordstroms has an LMdB counter, but I spied Le Metier’s boxed set high on a shelf in one store’s tent-o-wonder.

There wasn’t a tester, so I asked if one could be made… My eternal gratitude goes to whichever manager okayed that move, because if I hadn’t swatched, I probably would have missed out on one of the best items in this year’s anniversary sale.

Rock ‘n’ Romance contains four polishes, and is $25.
Le Metier de Beaute, LMdB, Rock n Romance, Nordstrom Anniversary, swatches, Heat of the Night, True Romance, Chrome Passion, Midnight Rendezvous, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Heat of the Night is burgundy shimmer. True Romance is a rose-blonde-taupe frost (a cousin, I think, to Chanel Trapeze and Quartz). CHROME PASSION! I die — it’s a charcoal grey holo! If you have been pining for Nicole Season’s Grey-tings, stop what you are doing and order this set. Midnight Rendezvous is also gorgeous. It’s a dark, sea-at-night, deep sapphire blue with blue and silver shimmers.

Le Metier polishes are regularly $15 each*, and the bottles in this set are actually full size (LMdB polishes are always 0.14 oz, or 4 ml).

I think missing out could result in deep (and possibly expensive) regrets. Even if your store doesn’t carry Le Metier, they should have Rock ‘n’ Romance. And if they DON’T, they can order it and ship it to you for free because it’s $25.

Of course, if you don’t have a store near you and you want to help out the nice counters who let me swatch, call Kenitha at 972-702-0055.

If you don’t have a Nordstrom account, you’ll have to wait ’til July 15th to buy.

* EDIT: LMdB nail polishes were $15. Apparently (with the introduction of the summer collection?) they’ve gone down to $10, regular price.

18 Responses to “Le Metier de Beaute Rock ‘n’ Romance Set”

• Susie Keczan says:

Thank You Karla these are so Beautiful ! I must get these …Am I right if I am not a Nordstorm card holder I will need to wait till the 15th to order them ? Do they have any other nice sets ? I saw some type of Powder by Chanel that looked nice when I was flipping through the catalog but these polishes were not in it .

• Lisa says:

does anyone happen to know the item number? It’s not in the catalog.

• Elaine says:

I thought one looked like a holo! Thanks for swatching, I hope they aren’t all gone at my Nordstroms by Friday.

• YK says:

The 4 colours are beautiful!! The chrome passion one is to die for!!

Please check me out :) at ykhearts.blogspot.com

• suzie says:

Screw Nordstrom & the way they’re handling this sale. Not allowing people without a Nordstrom credit card into these tacky-tents that are scattered around the store containing the goods for the anniversary sale. So, many of the sale items will be gone before the “other” customers get there on the 15th, since the card holders can pre-purchase the sale items before the sale starts & take it with them! I’ll be damned if I will open up a Nordstrom CC just to enter one of these ridiculous tents!!!!!! Nice, eh?

Susie, that’s correct. Non-cardholders can buy on the 15th.

Suzie, I really think all of us, as consumers, should write to Nordstrom (politely, calmly, rationally, so they listen to what we have to say) and tell them what went wrong with this year’s event. I definitely plan to. Remember: they don’t know what we don’t tell them.

• valerie says:

That’s a great deal! Midnight Rendezvous looks beautiful!

• Maria says:

Thanks Karla! I’ve had my eye on this set since the first beauty previews came out and now I’m definitely going to pick it up. I feel like I’ve been waiting months for this sale to arrive.

• sha says:

THanks to this post, I went out and purchased this set last night. Mine was packaged with a full size top coat and still just $25. Great deal!

What?! Tell us how we can get this deal, sha!

• All I can say is WOW!!! So ecstatic that I may actually be able to get my hands on these!! ;-)

• Kristina says:

To Lisa, the item number is 373602. You have to have a Nordstrom card to receive an online invitation to view the Anniversary Sale exclusive items before the 15th; they’re not in the general catalog until then, I believe.

• AZ says:

Since there’s no nordstrom in NYC, I’m not very familiar with their sales and whatnot.. but it seems like a lot of bloggers (and commenters) have a huge problem with the way they handled this year’s sale.. I don’t know how they used to do it so I can’t complain but I really hope by the time I can order this online it won’t be sold out =(

• jeanette says:

thanks for the swatches karla! definitely got me to take advantage of this great deal. one side note, this package also included a la metier base/top coat which was an extra bonus. i think i got the 3rd to last package at my nordstrom so get these while they’re hot ladies!

• Sim says:

It’s time like this that I envy US residents so much! I’m french and we don’t have all of these amazing deal! These polishes look so amazing!