Bare Escentuals Prime Time Primer/Shadow

You may already be a fan of Bare Escentuals Prime Time eyeshadow primer, available in “brightening” shades (shimmery Gold or pink Pearl) and “original.”

Now BE has launched a new range of shimmering shades, tinted primer that will add a kick under your powder eyeshadow (but pretty enough to wear alone as cream eyeshadow).
Bare Escentuals, Prime Time, primer, eyeshadow, swatches, Sundance, Chroma Violet, Bronzed Twig, Racing Green, Urban Nature, Gunmetal, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Sundance is cantaloupe-orange with gold shimmer. Chroma Violet is deep lavender with silver-purple shimmer. Bronzed Twig is warm, nutty, bronzy brown with a magenta-gold-rainbow of subtle shimmer. Racing Green is shimmery serpent green. Urban Nature is really something special. It’s grey-green-purple duochrome, and it really changes at different angles. Gunmetal is actually the sparkliest, a grey-silver with silver shimmer.

These Prime Time Primer/Shadows are $18 each (the same price as the original and brightening primers). That feels a little high, because the tubes are rather small — just 3 ml (or 0.1 fl oz). I don’t necessarily want the tubes to be bigger (because I obsessively worry about cream products drying out over time), I just wish the price were a bit lower. For comparison, Too Faced’s Shadow Insurance is also $18, but sized at 0.35 oz. (Their Sephora-100-point-freebie-tubes are 0.11 oz.)

What do you think? Have you tried these? Would you use them more as eyeshadow or primer?

9 Responses to “Bare Escentuals Prime Time Primer/Shadow”

• Becca says:

I want Urban Nature so bad! I have Brightening and it’s very nice and I can even wear it on its own with only minor creasing by the end of the day. These are INSANELY expensive in comparison to UD and TF and even Nars primers. Wonder why so small!?

• Carrie says:

Urban Nature looks really cool. I also like Sundance.

• Julia says:

These are so pretty but I won’t buy any since they cost 395 SEK here in Sweden. That’s roughly $63! insane price hike don’t you think?

• Tiffany says:

I’d use these as cream eyeshadow. As pretty as they are, though (especially Urban Nature), I can’t see spending $18 for so little product. I’ll think about getting one if there’s an F&F or some other kind of sale going on, but at full price I’ll pass on these.

• Elaina says:

Thank you for sharing these! I just ordered Urban Nature (OMG pretty!) and Sundance!

• Joanne says:

I have the Urban Nature and love it. The BE national makeup artist used it on me for a “make under” at my local boutique and she actually used it on me as an eyeliner. No smudge, color stays true all day long. Love it.

Eyeliner! What a great idea! Thanks for the tip, Joanne!

• Tina says:

I just bought a the Glam and Glitz kit a few days ago that included a .1 fl oz or Toasted Almond Primer Shadow and I love it. I’ve been using it as shadow on its own. It does not build up in the crease of your eye lid and the color stays all day. I think $18 is expensive, but if this one little tube last me at least 4-6 months of constant use I might buy more.

• Erin says:

I thought that this would be so silly to purchase for 18 dollars each color. But it is sooo worth it. Right now, I just bought the Prime Time Brightening Eyelid Primer from bareMinerals and it works fabulously! I have had it for over a year and its still full! It lasts a long time and looks amazing! I get compliments so frequently! I highly recommend this color!(: