Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow

Burberry eyeshadowI hate to admit this, but it’s probably a good thing that Burberry took so long to make its way to Dallas. The waiting period allowed me to get past the first heady flush of “new makeup!”, so I could calmly and rationally evaluate their products. I have to say, everything I’ve played with so far seems very, very nice.

In price and texture, Burberry’s eyeshadow formula reminds me a lot of Chanel’s. The powders are similarly soft, low-contrast, and blend easily into skin (the swatches don’t really have hard edges). They also occupy a fairly narrow range of satin-matte to soft-satin finishes — subtle.

Burberry eyeshadows are $29 each, available exclusively at Nordstromicon.
Burberry, sheer eyeshadow, swatches, Pearl White, Trench, Porcelain, Gold Trench, Chestnut, Almond, Taupe Brown, Khaki, Rosewood, Antique Rose, Tea Rose, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Pearl White is a satin bright-white. Trench is a cool, greyed, dusty, satin-matte “skintone” beige. Porcelain is softly shimmery peach. Gold Trench is a warm, golden, terracotta peach-brown sand. Chestnut is a soft, deer-colored red-brown. Almond is a soft fawn-brown. Taupe Brown is really similar, but it’s just slightly deeper and warmer. Khaki is a cool green-grey-brown. Rosewood is a softly shimmery silvery rose-purple. Antique Rose is a deeper (but still very gentle) red-purple. Tea Rose is a very muted candy pink.
Burberry, sheer eyeshadow, swatches, Pale Rose, Lavender Blue, Lavender, Slate Blue, Pearl Blue, Pearl Grey, Midnight Black, Midnight Plum, Midnight Brown, Pale Barley, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Pale Rose is a very pale, cool white-pink with a subtle pink duochrome. If I were in charge, I’d switch the names of Lavender Blue and Lavender. Lavender Blue (13) is lavender, a dusty blue-purple. Lavender (14) is faded denim-purple (more blue).

Slate Blue is dusty denim, faded cornflower blue (more blue than Lavender). Pearl Blue is a sheer, greyed ice-blue. Pearl Grey is a shimmery steel grey. Midnight Black is a rich, pigmented blue-black satin. Midnight Plum is a blackened purple. Midnight Blue is a blackened sapphire. Midnight Brown is a shimmery warm (golden) brown. Pale Barley… wow. It’s a frosty/shimmery gold-brown duochrome.

Do you have any Burberry shadows? Do you love them?

16 Responses to “Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow”

• little.one says:

I have a couple of Burberry eyeshadows. So gorgeous that I cannot bring myself to use them too much so that I don’t lose the beautiful pattern.

Will you be swatching the blushes? Please do!

• Rikki says:

I don’t have any and I don’t know if I’d ever pay 29$ for a single eyeshadow.

• maya says:

Thanks for the swatches. I love pale barley!

• Naomi says:

These eyeshadows are quite pricey, but I think they are totally worth it for me at least. I love the formula so much that I gave away whatever eyeshadows I had before Burberry. I have 5 that I have purchased in the last year & half and have already hit the pan on 3 of them. I’ve never done that with any other eyeshadows I previously owned! Lol :) …I know they will be releasing some new shades for the Fall, but I’m going to try to hold off on purchasing any till I see the new eyeshadow quads. Karla any chance you can get some stock pics from your store so we can have a sneak peek?

• Lindsay says:

It is a good thing a counter isn’t near me! These look beautiful. Thanks for the great swatches :)

• Chris El says:

I’m obsessed with taupe brown because it’s multi-purpose for me. I use it to fill in my brows and line my lower lashes. I also love midnight-brown. Burberry shadows are the best, easy to use, easy to blend, and super creamy.

• Pam says:

Thanks for the great swatches!
    Do you know which shadow is in the compact, pictured at the top of the post? It looks really pretty in the full size shot!

That’s supposedly Midnight Brown. Which just goes to show you can’t trust product photos.

• Pam says:

Thanks Karla,
    I’m always baffled at how these giant cosmetic companies fail to provide true-to-color photos of their products…
    Another example of why we all love your excellent swatches, and descriptions so much!

• Matildaben says:

I have Pale Barley, Trench, Midnight Brown, Rosewood, Antique Rose, and Pearl Gray. I think I would like to investigate Gold Trench, Almond, and Taupe Brown next.

• Zazie says:

I like the color selection very much: soft and neutral is how I like my eye make up!
    Quality-wise, I think these are nice products but I don’t get the wow factor one would expect from most beauty blogs reviews!
    The texture is fine, but not outstanding, after all.

I own pale barely (which is much darker than the online swatches I saw – maybe a I got a different batch?), almond and trench.
    Trench is a perfect “eraser”: it matches my skin tone exactly!
    Can’t wait to see your burberry lip product swatches!!

• Lesley says:

I am so glad that Dallas got a Burberry Beauty counter!! Never thought I would spend that much on e/s but they are awesome!!!! I have pale barley and midnight brown for now. Lol. Thinking of getting taupe brown b/c I need a more matte shade. Ahhh. I love these so!!!

• Alison says:

Karla, does Pearl Grey compare at all to Chanel Gris Exquis if you have it? I’m looking for a high quality permanent dupe, as this is my favourite eyeshadow and its not coming back unfortunately.

• Kate says:

I have Rosewood and Pale Barley and I just love them. I really need to get my hands on some more but the price in Australia ($45) is a bit prohibitive.

• thejulybloom says:

I got Midnight Brown and i love it, i love the texture and the color payoff. It blends really well. I will definitely buy more from those eyeshadows.