Cle de Peau Concealer

Given how impressed I am with Cle de Peau’s concealer, I thought you guys would need to see swatches sooner rather than later.

As I mentioned before, CdP’s famous concealer is a dense cream stick. I personally will need a little more experimentation to decide whether I prefer applying with fingers or with a fluffy brush, but you definitely don’t want to apply stick-to-face. I think you’ll also want some kind of primer or eye cream underneath it… Cle de Peau’s Eye Contour Essence (their $120 anti-dark-circles eye cream) was lovely, but there are a few other options I’d like to try.
Cle de Peau, concealer, swatches, Ivory, Beige, Ochre, Honey, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
I wore Ivory, but the Cle de Peau associates mentioned that if you’re fair with VERY dark circles, you may need Beige to cover them. They also said Honey was frequently a good match for mid- to darker ladies of Middle Eastern origin.

There’s actually a Neiman Marcus employee from Iran who said she wears Honey, but she wasn’t comfortable with my posting her picture (which I can certainly understand).

On my “Cle de Peau face” post, someone asked if I noticed any creasing — I didn’t, and I suspect it’s because the product is so pigmented that you use very little (meaning there’s nothing to crease).

Cle de Peau’s concealer is $70, but I’ve been assured that a stick lasts forever — and even Mama Sugar said it looked good.

17 Responses to “Cle de Peau Concealer”

• Pkb says:

I’m usually around NC40, East Indian, and I have been using my single stick of CdP concealer in Ochre for undereyes and around my nose for over a year. Great product, glad you’re loving it too, Karla! :)

• Julie says:

I love this concealer! I’m an NC30 and use Beige. It is so expensive but totally worth it in my opinion.

• Eileen says:

I use Ivory and have had my tube well over a year, as well. I haven’t experienced any decline in the quality of the product, either. It may seem like a splurge initially, but over the long haul, it is quite cost effective.

I would not recommend trying to buy this on-line because your color is determined by your complexion and the shadows you’re trying to cover. Face to face consultation is recommended by CdP and I think at $70 a pop, you want to be very happy with your purchase.

• Gen says:

I’ve tried and loved the foundation, I would love to try this concealer. Thanks for the swatches!

• kate says:

i LOVE this concealer! worth the money! it’s the only thing that doesn’t crease on me. that being said, i just got the new MAC prolong wear concealer and it actually is treating me really well also…

• Jean says:

I LOVE Cle de Peau concealer in Ivory! One of my HG’s! Totally worth the money, and will definitely last you a year, even when used every day.

• Winthrop44 says:

With so few counters I wish they offered little 1 or 2 use samples that they could send out. As Eileen said, at $70 a pop, you want to be very happy with your purchase.

• nayanika says:

Thanks for the swatches, Karla, I’m about NC30, and I think I’ll need Ochre. Beige is probably going to be too light.

• Adele says:

Thanks for the swatches! It looks like Ivory is light enough for me.

• Krystal says:

Thank you so much as always for the swatches. I have recently discovered this line and it’s nice to go to the counter armed with information.

• cat says:

It looks fantastic in your CdP photo!

Have you noticed if it turns white in pictures with flash photo (at night etc)?

• Brittney says:

hey! this looks really good! i was wondering what colour would be good for my skin tone..i wear a light beige foundation and my skin isn’t white but not tan either..its in between. what do you suggest?

• LIndsay says:

I just bought my second one this weekend. The first lasted two years (I am not even kidding). I ended up with Ochre but I am relatively fair. It is just that color seemed to cover my blue circles better. And I love their foundation too.

• nia says:

I have been contemplating trying out this concealer, but I don’t have a CdP counter anywhere near me! I am NW 35 in Mac and am thinking the honey would work well for me. Thoughts, anyone?

• Renee says:

You’re all wrong about the honey shade. The actual company recommends honey for light skin tines for very dark circles…THEN use your light foundation over that or another lighter concealer if you wish. It’s the same idea behind Bare Minerals. the company tells you to use Bisque for under eye circles and when you look at it, it’s actually a darker color. Not near white as most ivories are. I consider redheads with freckles the fairest and I am one shade under that. I’d never use the Ivory or Beige shade in this brand. Way too light.