Lancome L’Absolu Nu

Lancome, L'Absolu NuLancome’s L’Absolu Nu is the fifth and final (knock on wood) new lipstick out this summer. (Go back to swatches of Bobbi Brown’s Rich Lip, Chanel’s Rouge Coco Shine, Dior’s Addict, and Guerlain’s Rouge Automatique.)

L’Absolu Nu is the sheer, glossy counterpart to Lancome’s fuller coverage L’Absolu Rouge lipstick. Both formulas contain Pro-Xylane, the hydrating ingredient found in Lancome’s Absolue skincare line. Both lipsticks also have a rose scent.

L’Absolu Nu lipsticks are $29 each, with a magnetic-close case. The numbering of shades is extremely systematic (though you can decide whether you agree with Lancome’s assessment). Shades in the 100s are reds and corals; shades in the 200s are browns and neutrals; shades in the 300s are pinks and berries. Even numbers denote a warm shade; odd numbers mean cool.
Lancome, L'Absolu Nu, swatches, 112 Coral Sand, 124 Buff Silk, 148 Coral Ribbon, 161 Red Chiffon, 179 Rose Accent, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
112 Coral Sand is a warm, natural pink. 124 Buff Silk is a peachier warm pink. 148 Coral Ribbon is sheer red-coral; it looks orangey compared to Red Chiffon. 161 Red Chiffon is sheer strawberry red. It is cooler than Coral Ribbon, but not so cool that I wouldn’t want to wear it. 179 Rose Accent is sheer berry-plum.
Lancome, L'Absolu Nu, swatches, 209 Beige Tulle, 214 Cream Lace, 242 Beige Silk, 254 Sienna Lace, 277 Sheer Mousse, 284 Satin Toffee, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
209 Beige Tulle milky pale pink. 214 Cream Lace is warm pink with shimmer (to me it feels more “pink” than 112 Coral Sand). 242 Beige Silk is muted, mauvey brown pink. 254 Sienna Lace is red-brown. 277 Sheer Mousse is muted mauve-plum with shimmer (by comparison, 179 Rose Accent is a much brighter violet). 284 Satin Toffee is purple chocolate.
Lancome, L'Absolu Nu, swatches, 311 Pale Petal, 318 Pink Moire, 346 Rose Veil, 375 Blushed Rose, 386 Evening Lace, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
311 Pale Petal is cool pink (or blue-pink). 318 Pink Moire is warm sheer pink. Compared to Pink Moire, 112 Coral Sand and 124 Buff Silk look beigey. Pink Moire and 214 Cream Lace do swatch similarly, but I think Pink Moire is a brighter, clearer pink. Cream Lace is just slightly deeper, maybe ever so slightly mauvier, for a more “natural” look (also Cream Lace has shimmer).

346 Rose Veil is a medium rose-pink. 375 Blushed Rose is berry-rose with shimmer. 386 Evening Lace is warm rose.

I haven’t yet tried an Absolu Nu on my lips, though diligence insists that I write a post soon enunciating the differences between Rouge Coco Shine, Addict, Absolu Nu, and Rouge Automatique.

Have you tried them? Care to weigh in?

19 Responses to “Lancome L’Absolu Nu”

• I can’t wait to see your comparison because I’m unsure of which ones to buy. I was going to get an Addict lipstick the other day at Sephora but then I remembered all the other lipstick releases and was confused if that was the one I wanted to buy or not. These look really pretty in the swatches though and just make me more confused!

• Jennifer Tong says:

Are they shimmer or frosty in the tube? I like that these don’t seem to have any shimmer compare to Dior Addicts. I found that Coco Shine lasting power varies with the color selection. Can’t wait to try these!!

• Ruth says:

I bought the Red Chiffon, it has a gorgeous slight shimmer to it, not frosty at all. The staying power is better than the Dior Addict & Chanel Rouge CoCo shines. It still doesn’t last long enough for me though.

• Rozae says:

Hi Karla,
    I got this lippy from Sephora this weekend in Blushed Rose. It is one of the most hydrating lipsticks I have, the scent is not over powering, however it does remind me of L’Oreal lipstick scent. I wished the case had pretty petals like it does on the picture though. It’s a combination of gloss and lippy, not to sheer or shimmery, gives a perfect touch of color to any lip. In addition if I didn’t have the Sephora coupon, I doubt I would have gotten it.

• Evelyn says:

I’m waiting early for my Evening Lace to arrive, I think though I’ll have to buy the blushed rose too. I hope I like it as much as the Coco Shines!

• Liv says:

Interestingly, this seem to be different and more colors than on the European market. I have 301 and 302 which don’t even exist on your swatches. And there are only 12 colors out here. Do you know why there’s so much difference between the US and European market?

• Fernanda says:

Liv, all these colours are available in London, I saw around 20 or more colours yesterday at Selfridges

• Swathi says:

Are these the same ones that has Kate Winslet in the ad (all white around with just her lipstick color being prominent) ?
    Because if they are then can some tell me what color she is wearing in that ad ?

Kate Winslet is wearing Le Lipstique (lipliner) in Sheer Raspberry + L’Absolu Nu in 346 Rose Veil.

• Rachel says:

I have 304, you didn’t mention it… it goes on really nice, not really long lasting but good enough for me. It has a silky creamy texture, I love my shade!

• Swathi says:

Thank you so much for letting me know which color Kate is wearing Karla !!

• Erin says:

Kate is not wearing 346 it is 302 which it says on the advert – I have bought it and really like it

• Luisa says:

Could red chiffon be a dupe for Viva Glam Cyndi?

I’d think Coral Ribbon would be closer than Red Chiffon, but Coral Ribbon still seems a bit more pink than VG Cyndi.

• Miss_M says:

I bought Beige Tulle today (which is #202 in Europe, shade numbers are different over here). Such a gorgeous non-shimmery light pink/beigey shade. This color looks great on fair skinned blondes.

FYI, the shade Kate is wearing is in Europe #302 (Voile de Rose) and in the U.S. #346 (Rose Veil). It’s the same shade but with a different shade number.

• Cingy says:

I love the pale petal lipstick, but do you know any dupe that is similar to the pale petal…like a cheaper brand..lease let me know..

• Joanny says:

Hi, anyone knows a dupe for 209 Beige Tulle? The color is absolutely beautiful, but Lancome test on animals :( I prefer something like MAC, Nars, MUFE, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier (good quality and no animal testing please!)
    Thanks! :D

• Joanne says:

me and my mother just got matching lipsticks in Rose Accent and it’s amazing how different it looks on both of us! It looks really plum/brown in the tube, but it’s actually a great vibrant shade. On me (darker skin and naturally light taupe lips) it’s a fuchsia and on her (lighter skin, light pink-taupe lips)it’s a tearose pink that makes her teeth look whiter. A very versatile lipstick and a favorite shade for both of us this month :)

• rini says:

thanks so much, i have been wanting this for so long, i love kate winslet’s look so much too. and i love your color swatches and good review:)