Burberry Summer 2012: Iconic Nudes

Burberry summer 2012 Iconic Nudes displayDallasites, the wait is over: At last, we have a Burberry counter. (And Nordstrom Northpark is the only one in Texas, for the time being). From what I’ve seen so far, Burberry seems to be one of those brands with a fairly stable, slow-growing permanent collection — and modest, well-edited seasonal offerings.

The summer 2012 collection includes one limited edition highlighting powder, and four sheer lipsticks (which are a permanent addition to the line).

When I first saw the Sheer Summer Glow Natural Highlighting Compact, I was expecting it to swatch like Bobbi Brown’s Brightening Nudes Finishing Powder. It’s a matter of personal taste, of course, but I like this one so much better.

I swirled all four colors together and was surprised by the resulting delicate, sheer, subtle, bronzey-gold glow — yes, it is exactly a Sheer Summer Glow. I also think it’s unusual to find a highlighting powder in this color (it’s lovely). The compact is $50.

The lipsticks are Burberry’s Lip Mist (sheer) formula. They’re $30 eachicon, and unscented.

211 Nude Honey is a sheer beige-grey-pink. 212 Nude Peach is a sheer peach pink. 213 Field Rose is a very sheer warm pink with a few super-subtle sparkles. 210 Pink Heather is a lilac-rose mauvey blue pink.
Burberry, summer 2012, Iconic Nudes, swatches, Lip Mist, 211 Nude Honey, 212 Nude Peach, 213 Field Rose, 210 Pink Heather, Sheer Summer Glow Natural Highlighting Compact, KarlaSugar, Karla Sugar
Have you tried any Burberry makeup yet? What do you think of their summer collection?

9 Responses to “Burberry Summer 2012: Iconic Nudes”

• Colleen says:

I love the powder. I have used it several times and received compliments every time. It really does just add a glow. I tried using just the darker shades for contouring, which worked ok.

• Martha says:

Thank you for the gorgeous swatches. I am excited that you have a counter now, as I am interested in exploring this brand :)

• I love Burberry makeup!! I’ve tried some of their products and they are all amazing, I did a blog post about these as well..http://beautyincrisis.blogspot.gr/2012/05/burberry.html
    It’s one of my favourite brands since I’ve tried Burberry products, I love the natural color range and the textures!
    I have a question about Sheer Summer Glow Natural Highlighting Compact. Do you think it can also be used on the eyes? I mean could it work as 4 eyeshadows?

• Romzs says:

Nude Honey looks gorgeous! Thanks for the swatch! x

• Jen Bon Jovi says:

I had never considered Burberry make-up previously – although it is an “iconic British luxury brand” (their words, not mine!), it has been spoiled somewhat by the amount of Burberry-print rip-offs available on British market stalls (normally in the form of baseball caps, which usually end up being worn by chavs).

These horrible misconcpetions embarrassed me when I tried their “Trench” eyeshadow which was amazing – I think the Lip Mists are also going to be a must-have for my collection. Nude Peach looks fantastic, perfect for my cool, pale complexion….. just need to remortgage my house and I’ll be ready to go….!

Jen
    x

Beautyincrisis: I suppose you could use it as eyeshadow, but I think that’s going to work best for the very fair (who are seeking a very subtle, natural look). It’s a sheer powder; this was my “heavy” swatch.

• I went to Burberry counter today and I was so disappointed when they told me the powder is sold out.. but now that I see your answer I’m glad I didn’t actually buy it! In fact I bought pearl grey eyeshadow and tea rose gloss and I love them;-)
    Thank you for the answer!! :-)

• rebecca says:

I *love* Burberry Beauty – I’m lucky enough that we’ve had a counter at my Nordstrom’s (bellevue wa) for a while, and so I didn’t realize how uncommon it was! I have the compact and I adore it, plus a lip cover, lip gloss, and a blush, and I am totally buying a lip mist or three as soon as I can get there and try them on. I keep the highlighter compact in my purse for days when I’m going minimalist and need something to give my face a quick pick-up, and it works perfectly.

The whole line is just fantastic; all their products are quality and very well done.

• Alison says:

I think its classic and lovely and reflects the brands image! They’ve really done a fantastic job with their shade choices.