YSL Gloss Volupte

Please meet the latest object of my obsession: YSL Gloss Volupte. For spring 2010, YSL added four new shades of this sheer, glossy, skinny lipstick — doubling the number of available shades.

Gloss Voluptes add a juicy, glossy, sheer tint of color to your lips. You already knew I liked sheer lipsticks, but something about these is striking me as irresistible right now.

Like all other YSL lip products, they have a mango scent. They are $30 each, and from what I tried on at the counter, feel quite moisturizing. I especially loved Chilled Raspberry and Tangy Orange (and Frozen Cherry, and Iced Lychee, even though the color is ridiculously subtle — more or less invisible — on my lips. I still felt special trying it on).
YSL, Yves Saint Laurent, Gloss Volupte, swatches, Iced Lychee, Chilled Raspberry, Frozen Cherry, Frosted Plum, Sugared Almond, Vanilla Pink, Tangy Orange, Glazed BlackcurrantIf sheer isn’t your thing, click here to go see the full coverage Rouge Voluptes in the spring collection.

YSL Gloss Volupte: Iced Lychee, Chilled Raspberry, Frozen Cherry, Frosted Plum, Sugared Almond, Vanilla Pink, Tangy Orange, Glazed Blackcurrant

10 Responses to “YSL Gloss Volupte”

• Kate says:

I also love sheer lipsticks. Any others you recommend? These are… a bit rich for my blood at the moment.

Ha! I understand completely! There’s always the other object of my desire, the Lipstick Queen Chinatown glossy pencils ($20, http://karlasugar.net/2009/11/lipstick-queen-chinatown-glossy-pencils/) — not to mention Medieval ($20, http://karlasugar.net/2009/04/lipstick-queen-sinner-lipstick-2/) and Butterfly Ball ($20, http://karlasugar.net/2009/11/lipstick-queen-butterfly-ball/)

You could also check out Laura Mercier’s Hydratint Balms ($20, http://karlasugar.net/2009/05/laura-mercier-tinted-lipbalms/).

• Sasha says:

I purchased Frosted Plum and had to return it because the scent was overwhelming when I had it on- I made me sick to my stomach! Granted, I’m super-sensitive to smells…..

I did love the way it felt on, very moisturizing.

• Jenel says:

great affordable lipsticks, I like Mac and Sephora brand. but YSL Volupte and Chanel Satin color are my favorites. I don’t like lip gloss enough to splurge on though.

• Sarah says:

Glazed Blackcurrant looks amazing…was going to say that I might need to find these in person to see if I can deal with the smell/taste…after seeing Sasha’s comment, the answer might be no :(

• Sina says:

Hey Karla, hope it’s ok, that I use your swatches for my Blog. The new Shades arent available in Germany now, so I want to give my german readers a preview. I link u twice. hope thats ok???

• peachgirl says:

Oh I love these! The #7 and #8 look lovely, I’m adding these to my collection for sure! Perfect for understated glamour when full-on lipstick is OTT. The scent of blackcurrant doesn’t bother me but I know some think YSL lip products are too scented overall.

• Kate M. says:

Oooooh I fell in love with these last week too and actually purchased Tangy Orange!! I love corals and this one also adds a lovely tint after the glossiness fades a bit…

I also got the new Rouge G (Berry) as a b-day present…I just couldn’t resist after seeing your swatches! It’s sheer enough that it doesn’t look garish!! These are my first really expensive lippies…I tend to stick to MAC and Clinique but the quality really is superb!!

Thanks as usual for your amazing blog…I follow it daily and actually since you switched formats it’s more accessible (I’m abroad in China at the moment) so I couldn’t be happier!!

• Diana says:

My mom bought me this lipstick in Iced Lychee which had not much pigmentation as I thought.. But the scent was AMAZING and I loved how hydrating it was..although I’d never buy it myself haha

• Lotte says:

I have this in Vanilla Pink. It looks very bright in the tube but goes on sheer which I love ! Perfect subtle pink. Also great to layer over another (brighter) lipstick to add a shine. I will def be getting more colors but I think we only have 4 colors in my country. I don’t think the scent is overpowering. Thumbs up !