A Breakdown of the NARS Spring Look

I am minorly obsessed with model Ginta Lapina. Her striking face first caught my attention in YSL’s spring 2011 campaign.
YSL, spring 2011, Ginta Lapina
She was featured again for their YSL Gloss Volupte launch.
YSL, Gloss Volupte, Ginta Lapina
So when I saw her name connected with the NARS spring 2012 promo image, I did a doubletake. That’s… Ginta?
NARS, spring 2012, Ginta Lapina
Here’s what she’s wearing:

Here’s what I take away from this: the camera (and makeup) can create almost anything. Also, good lord, models are young. And their photos make them look so much older.

Ginta was born June 30, 1989. She started working in 2005, and has done just about everything: runways (everyone you can think of), advertising, editorial.

Just for fun, please enjoy some more pictures of this chameleon elf child (photos compiled through excessive Googling):
Ginta Lapina
Ginta Lapina, YSL, Touche Eclat
Ginta Lapina
Ginta Lapina
Ginta Lapina
Ginta Lapina, Jill Stuart
Ginta Lapina
Ginta Lapina, YSL, Rouge Pur Couture
Ginta Lapina
Ginta Lapina
Ginta Lapina, Marc Jacobs
Ginta Lapina

9 Responses to “A Breakdown of the NARS Spring Look”

• Ida says:

Ginta is dreamy. So cute. I think she’s from Latvia!

• Victoria says:

I loveee the YSL promo! The makeup is stunning. And it’s crazy how different makeup/clothes/hair can make a person look!

• Ava says:

She is very beautiful and so is her model/colleague in one of the center pictures. But I’d like to feed them, poor things…

• Lizzie says:

Wow she is gorgeous, and so versatile! What’s funny is that I liked her in a lot of those ads individually, little realising that they were the same person! I am so bad with faces…

• Christina says:

I really enjoyed looking at those photos. She is very pretty & very young! Also, I like that she has the same skin tone & eye color as mine.
    I could use her photos as a guide on colors of makeup I can wear for me.
    Does anyone know the specific details of Jill Stewart makeup and the other photo afterwards where she has grey eye makeup and red lipstick?

• Naktsmeita says:

yes, shes from Latvia :) Im so proud of this girl . Thank you for sharing this , somehow i didnt recognise her when i saw these pictures for first time . True chameleon :)

• Eva says:

Wow, didn’t know she was a Latvian until I saw the name. :D *is proud for no reason*

• berries says:

She reminds me of… Andrej Pejic!
    But prettier. :D

• Rola says:

Major girl crush, she is gorgeous! Love her in the YSL promos.